Atlanta woman opens fire on home invaders

Parker 1st MRB

Why is this in the Politics section? IDK!!!! Guns, shooting, why not? I have questions that maybe someone can answer.

Watch it first.

Ok so you watched it, did you like it? I don't really care, just answer these:

1. Why are there so many fucking boxes in this house? 
2. Is this some kind of storage house for stolen products? Is that why they were getting robbed? 
3. Based on her voice, she is not originally from the US, so what are the gun laws for people who are not citizens (lets assume she isn't a citizen)? 

4. At the end of it, she's shooting out the front door probably missing and putting bullets into her neighbors house. Can she be charged for that?
5.  Dat home surveillance doe. Not a question.

I have some questions too.  This may cause a stir amongst you guys, but here goes anyways...

Why on earth is it so easy to buy a gun, of any sort, in the US?

Why do you feel it necessary to have them to hand?

And please, dont give me that constitutional right speel, think about it, it's insane.

Remember though, before you reply, this post comes from someone living in the UK, things are different here. 

In answer to your question 4 though, she can get into trouble for that because he is already leaving/fleeing the premises.

Look forward to your thoguhts on this :)

ok.  watched the video. 

1.  They came in with guns out.  She had the right to shoot.  they kicked in her door and brandished firearms.

2.  she was a local restaurant owner who had supplies for the restaurant in the home.  It was not her normal home.  she was just staying there for work related reasons.

3.  She may not have been born in the US, but she may be a naturalized citizen, in which case she may be allowed to own a gun.

4.  no way to know if she has neighbors across the street or not.  If she had shot into neighbors houses, she could be charged.

5.  She probably has a gun because she handles large amounts of cash from work.  nightly deposits and such.  she may have been robbed before and decided not to let some punks steal from her again.  her only fault was in not killing all 3 punks.

2 hours ago, Hamer 1st MRB said:

Good grief, here in the UK we rely heavily on dirty looks, harsh language and sarcasm!  No need for guns, dread to think what this country would be like if we had the same relaxed laws on guns!

well, that doesn't work to well here against an armed assailant.  If they take guns from the population, then only the Government and Criminals (not much difference between the two) will have guns.  Criminals always find a way to get guns, and not legally.

10 hours ago, Hamer 1st MRB said:

And please, dont give me that constitutional right speel, think about it, it's insane.

Altho I am a Canadian, my father has been living in the states for like 15 years now and I have been there often. For your first question, it's hard not to point out to the constitution, since it is a right guarentied by it and that everytime they talk about restricting that right, people go and stock up on guns and ammo. The US constitution was written in a revolutionary background and was therefor important for the general population to be armed for the eventuality that they had to defend themselves. The constitution revolving around the citizen, their property is something they have the right to defend. 

After that it really is part of the culture and for your second question, I will make a comparison with the Canadian way. In Canada, when someone breaks into your home, your duty is to flee. If you harm the trespasser in any way without them putting your life at risk, he can (and will) sue you and win. It makes so that robbers usually don't break in with guns, since they know they can't be harm and will only provide material for the people they are breaking into. In the US, robbers that break into a house well know that the people inside might (and have a high probability to) be armed; they will therefor bring weapons and result way more often in violence.

It's really a cultural difference.

Edited by Moffat 1st MRB
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Hamer 1st MRB said:

I have some questions too.  This may cause a stir amongst you guys, but here goes anyways...

Remember though, before you reply, this post comes from someone living in the UK, things are different here. 

In answer to your question 4 though, she can get into trouble for that because he is already leaving/fleeing the premises.

Look forward to your thoguhts on this :)

1. depending on what state youre in that dictates how easily you can obtain a gun. For example i live in the great free state of texas so i can walk into walmart buy a shotgun and walk out with it the same day assuming i pass the background checks. In texas i can buy as many guns as i want in one purchase without being flaged unless they are two different types of weapons. So if i want to buy 3 shotguns im in the clear however if i want to buy 2 shotguns and a handgun i might get flaged for review. even if i do get flaged it does not do anything it just means the application will take a bit longer.

2. Americans love guns thats why. People also feel the need to own guns for protection. I live in a country where in some states you can be waiting over 25min for local law enforcement to respond. A lot can happen in that time. we also use them for fun and other things like hunting. I feel america has a huge gun culture. For example

Germany and the USA, while on the surface quite similar (both western, christian, wealthy industrial nations), are in fact vastly different culturally.

The USA is a very young nation and it was literally born out of revolution and war. The fight against an oppressive government and oppressive people has shaped and defined our nation and a distrust of government is one of the big pillars of our culture. Additionally the USA, in my opinion, has a somewhat violent and aggressive culture, some might call it a 'Wild West spirit'. I think most US citizens would generally agree with the sentiment that a 'real American' does not take any shit, stands up for himself and would rather take someone's life or give up his own than have someone tread on him or his rights ('My home is my castle', 'From my cold, dead hands').

I have found that American citizens are much more prone to support vigilante justice, even if that 'justice' comes in the form of deadly force. A while ago, I saw an article online about a shooting at a courthouse in germany . A man shot and stabbed two people to death who were accused of seriously injuring the man and killing his brother in a rather shady car trafficking deal gone wrong.I expected most people to react with disgust  at someone taking the law in his own hands like that. Instead, most Americans supported the man and congratulated him on killing those two men.

Edited by J. Ascencio 1st MRB