SourceBans HTML Error

S. Larson 1st MRB

Question

Name: S. Larson

Type of issue: HTML Error

Brief Description of Issue: So for the past couple of weeks when I've been getting on Sourcebans, an HTML error pops up and it seems to be isolated to the Dashboard page. Not sure what is causing it, but I figured I'd ask here. It's not like it's impeding anything, it's just annoying... Here's a picture of the error:

425dd1374d9e322bb735d688ed324c62.png

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status:

Researching Pending Reply Resolved Unresolved

Main Technician:

Supporting Technician:

13 answers to this question

I've allocated 512MB and it still seems to error.... I don't want to allocate more than the server allows and irrevocably break something.  Programming-wise allocating more memory than we have will cause a memory leak and potentially crash the server.  I'll do some research as to what the server capabilities are and give it the max.

If that still doesn't work, we might need find a different fix.

For now, I've defaulted the homepage to the banlist, the dashboard is the only page that seems to throw an error.

Here's the error: 

[Sat May 13 06:35:14.547959 2017] [:error] [pid 791318] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 73.98.221.127:62056] couldn't create child process: /usr/sbin/suphp for /home/a753129/public_html/index.php, referer: http://1stmarineraiderbattalion.clanservers.com/index.php?p=home

Something is using a lot of memory in index.php to create the homepage/dashboard.  You can click the OK button on the error a few times (at least 6 for me) to get it to go away and continue using Sourcebans as a workaround for now.

I'll see if I can allocate more memory.

I don't think it's a volume issue.  If it were, we would see the error on the banlist page (where all the data is queried and displayed).  It is possible that the fix I implemented to speed up the database seek is causing severe memory draw... but it still doesn't make sense that we see the error on the dashboard (a snapshot of everything) and not on the actual banlist.

Also, the page is supposed to be returning a 500 error, which means the server (or at least the sourcebans api) is trying to say "Nope, not gonna load" but loads anyways... I've always seen the server info load last, I wonder if that means that there's an issue with the communication between the game server and sourcebans?

Yeah, the dashboard is still having issues.  Changing the homepage to the banlist is the workaround I did initially, since we don't see that error anywhere but the dashboard.

I'll try to allocate more memory later this week (maybe tonight, depending) and see if it still throws a 500 error.

Next step will probably be re-installing sourcebans (with a backup of the bans, then without).  Worst case, it might be time for a new program.  Sourcebans hasn't been updated since 2014, there is a new iteration of Sourcebans called Sourcebans++ which seems to have active support (last updated May 5th).  If anyone in the CS wants to look into installing it (or if you want me to look into it :P), just let me know.

Welp, I've allocated 2GB of memory with the SB Config and we're still seeing the error.  I'll see if there is a way to restart the server safely, I'm not sure how often they refresh.  

If that doesn't work, there's either something up with sourcebans itself and we need to try re-installing, or the config doesn't actually allocate the memory to what we need it to.

Back to researching.