Resolved - Suggestion for a PC monitor

Jankovski 1st MRB

Question

Name: P. Jankovski

Type of issue: Hardware

Brief Description of Issue:  Alrighty guys. After having my 22" Monitor for almost 8 years now i decided to buy a new bigger monitor. I work as a System engineer and i work from home. So i spend 8 hours a day at least for work. I use my main PC for resolving support tickets while i use my laptop for anything linux(terminal related) . I also use my PC for gaming. My GPU is ASUS Strix GTX 970. 

I was planning to buy a 24" or a 27" monitor. My budget is 450 Euro. I'm clueless about monitors so i would need a suggestion what to look. Which panels (IPS, VA, TN) etc . Is it worth getting a 1920x1080p 27" or a 24" one. Or a 2560 x 1440 monitor (again 24" or 27" ) , i'm not sure if my GPU would handle it. By the way i don't watch to many movies on my PC as i have i have a TV for that. You can see bellow my setup

20171009_184800_HDR.jpg

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Main Technician:

Supporting Technician: J. Candy

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

8 answers to this question

Great suggestions, thanks for input guys. I personally haven't bought a monitor in awhile either but from what I have seen I think the suggestions made by Elf and Gearhart are spot on. Think about size of the screen, resolution and response time. Also think about things like space on your desk, angle of motion the monitor has and any other extras(like built in USB hubs, etc.) Ant other technicians like to weigh in on this for him?

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I don't really need any addons on the monitor except the ones that connect it to the PC :D

I left the picture of my setup as 99% of time is how my monitor stands. However i do hope to manage to find a monitor with VESA so that i can mount on a floating stand instead of the factory one. For games+ work combination i'm not sure if i should look for IPS or TN ,or VA. Not sure if there is something in between. Both monitors that Elf and Gearhart suggested can be bought in my country so i'll see to go to one of the shops and see it in person.

Hi Jankovski, if you can spare an extra $43 Euros, I would highly recommending going to the next tier of monitor. I've had experience with this one and it's by far the best monitor I've ever used. All of my computer nerd buddies have one. 27", 1ms GTG, 2560x1440 *2K resolution is to die for at 144 Hz. The slightly concave shape not only gives you more room but drastically improves the picture quality. I know this is slightly out of your budget but if you can spare the extra Euro or two it will last you a very long time.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-022-583&Tpk=24-022-583

JP Fowler