Who knows what the stars mean?

Vanderveer

Ok so I was at first very curious as too the meaning of the stars in the 1st marines insignia. Question is who knows what they mean? Check below for answers.

The stars stand for the Southern Cross. A constelation that can be seen in the southern hemisphere. The 1st Marines fought under this constelation at Guadalcanal. It is also a popular symbolic logo in this part of the world.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• You are required to wear your tags at all times while playing in Hell Let Loose on our server or other servers as well as Day of Defeat Source as you are a representative of the MRB.  You are not required however to wear your tags while playing other games (i.e.: Rocket League, etc.)
    • I have read and understand these rules. I have one question however. Is it alright if I change my steam profile name to the rank right before I play on the server instead of having it permanently change?
    • The time to accept has now passed, you may re enlist in 30 days should you decide you are still interested in being a Marine Raider.
    • The time to accept has now passed, you may re enlist in 30 days should you decide you are still interested in being a Marine Raider.
    • MARINE CORPS ENLISTMENT OFFICE Camp Pendleton, CA   RECRUITMENT LETTER     Hello Krazny Lohi, Thank you for taking interest in joining the 1st Marine Raider Battalion.   During your trial period the following will occur: Once accepted as a Recruit, you will remain as a Recruit for 2 weeks from the day of your acceptance. During this time you must play in the server for 15 hours. During this time you must be present in the discord server for at least 5 of the 15 hours, it is encouraged to engage with unit members. Once you have completed the above requirements, you can sign up for the next BCT class.   We have a BCT class every two weeks. Please keep an eye out for when the next one is made available once you've completed your time requirements!   Upon stating that you understand all the information here, an admin will change your forum name and login to be :   Lohi 1st MRB   Take the time now to change your Steam and in-game name to:   Rec. K. Lohi [1st MRB]     Please make sure to verify your forum account by checking your email. Also, please respond below with a reply showing that you have read and understand these rules. You cannot be fully accepted until you do so. We have a limit on the time to reply, if you do not do so within 48 hours, your application will be denied. Once you reply, you will be approved for your trial period unless otherwise posted.