Resolved - Weird Error Code

Gardner2

Question

Name: K. Gardner

Type of issue: (Software, Hardware, Steam, Not sure) Software

Brief Description of Issue:

BADNESS! Tell Matt that the weapon '' tried to draw with a null model ( 0, 0, not alt )

Keep getting the above error code flashing through my console today. Not sure who Matt is or what weapon " is, but apparently it is an issue?

I had a game patch update when I logged in this morning which was installed, this happened since the game update.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Researching

Pending Reply

Resolved

Unresolved

Main Technician: SSgt. S. Woz

Supporting Technician:

Edited by Woz 1st MRB

17 answers to this question

Everyone has it, people say it is because of a steam update. Seems steam will need to fix it, it's not your fold.

This. I'll leave this ticket open until steam fixes it. If anyone finds any remedy, please post it here. Additionally, if you do any testing to find what circumstances trigger this error, post discussion about it here.

Guest Boone 1st MRB

i've listened a bit to what people said about it and most legit solution i heared was that you have to turn off auto-help or something, the error will still be there but you won't get the reports in your console every time, you should go to multiplayer => advanced and then there should be auto-help somewhere, still trying to find it out myself

i've listened a bit to what people said about it and most legit solution i heared was that you have to turn off auto-help or something, the error will still be there but you won't get the reports in your console every time, you should go to multiplayer => advanced and then there should be auto-help somewhere, still trying to find it out myself

You can disable auto-help through teh multiplayer tab of the options pane. When you click on advanced, it is one of the first check-boxes on the list.

Alternatively, the console command is cl_showhelp, so if you want to get rid of the message in the middle of the screen, you can just do:

cl_showhelp 0

The error will persist in console though.

I just checked I do not have nor did I have autohelp enabled..... so not causing this in my case.

No skins other than the ones that come with the game installed.

and I get walls of this error code in my console.....

The command above only gets rid of the message in the middle of the screen. There is currently no fix for the error in console. :/

I just checked I do not have nor did I have autohelp enabled..... so not causing this in my case.

The command above only gets rid of the message in the middle of the screen. There is currently no fix for the error in console. :/

???? this thread is about the console errors, I've never seen anything in the middle of the screen.

???? this thread is about the console errors, I've never seen anything in the middle of the screen.

They are related. If you have auto-help on, which most players do, it will display a message in the middle of the screen while you are playing saying that there was an error and you should check your console.