Strand

Parker 1st MRB

Strand  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should dod_strand be added to the map rotation?

• Yes it should
    • No I hate that map
    • No it'll empty the server
    • I don't care I already love the servers

im with collazo on this. i think until we get a steady stream of pubbers that play on our server without any 1st in there it will have worse results than what might be expected. and just like jagd or colmar i think there needs to be a certain amount of people (maybe around 8v8) that are willing to stay until the map changes otherwise its slow and lame.

Really what i think we need is to bring back the map voting system MINUS the EXTEND MAP option. That way there nobody's bitching about extending but everybody has a say on what map it is and can avoid those "SLOW" maps if the numbers are not there or if nobody wants to play them. Doing this might keep the server from emptying out everytime a slow or unwanted map comes up.

Well after reading these posts for a few days now I'm not surprised by the mixed opinions on this subject.

Here are some facts:

1. There are people that just play DOD:S for strand.

2. There are servers in DOD:S where strand fills it up.

3. Strand was made to be onesided, but thats the fun/challenge in it

On the otherhand

4. Strand is like the Yankees, alot of people hate it more than love it.

5. Strand can clear out a server because of the allies disadvantage.

6. Strand would require us (1st MRB and BAR) to support it when it's on if it were put on the rotation.

After reading that, here is my question to you - should we put strand on the server, but not in the rotation?

I was just about to suggest that, if everyone is iffy about having in the rotation, but still mildly enjoys playing the map, why not add it to the server but leave it out of the rotation for now.

So yeah, at least put it on the server, we have the ability to put it in a map vote. (Apparently everyone spams 1 so it'll be played whether they meant to say yes or not)