500 Dollar Desktop?

McKenzie 1st MRB

Question

Thinking about getting this Desktop, used, from a guy seling it on a paintball website, who is trying to get more gear. It's total is 500 bucks, do ya'll think its worth it?

Specs:

8gigs of DDR3 ram

1.5tb hard drive

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

CD/Dvd burner x2

Blue Ray player

Intel i7 870 Cpu

Windows 7 Ultimate

5 answers to this question

Be prepared to clean the PC completely (software wise). If you do any kind of private information management (banking, and such), you will definitely want to wipe the thing down, to avoid the potential for problems down the line. Take the time and potential money involved with that into account.

As well, you will want to make sure you are receiving exactly what you think you are. Obviously, private deals have no warranty.

I have no outstanding knowledge on the hardware itself, so will not comment on that aspect.

Good luck with the desktop hunting!

Honestly i think it would be well worth the 500$ for the intel i7 and the Nvidia Geforce GTX 260. Everything on there sounds like gravy but wait until i get home to get some more research on it.

Also if you do buy it, make sure there is some way you can get your money back cause if you get it and it doesnt work properly or that the parts he has desribed are false and it is a total junker then you would have just been ripped off.

Other then the 2 things i have above it sounds like a great deal for 500$ just not to sure about how strong the video card is. there is also the possiblity that the i7 CPU in the computer is one of their older models that had bugs in the sandy bridges so dont buy anything for face value yet.

For $500, its a good deal. Core i7's, even pre-Sandy Bridge, are very potent processors. The GPU could use an upgrade, but there is nothing wrong with the GTX260. As long as someone assembled it, and it isn't a Dell, HP, or some other name brand, I'd pull the trigger. Reason being is that you can then upgrade and swap out parts instead of building/buying complete systems.

thanks for the reference Dillion i was unsure of both i heard about both but could not remember off the top of my head how reliable they were.

Also dont forget about finding some way to get your money back in case you get something you didn't ask for or were not told about.