Finally, Romney's Tax Plan released !

T. Brown 1st MRB

The guy used his position to push through the idea of giving the poor healthcare again (taken away by Reagan). Whatever the actual effectiveness of this health bill, America is now starting to shake the notorious reputation of having people living with medieval levels of disease and disability (and the reputation of not giving a damn about such folks.) To be frank, this reputation has been a massive embarrassment for pretty much the rest of us in the western world. Standards of living for many can now approach the minimums found in places like rural Cuba or China.

He also hasn't started any more wars and is wrapping up the current ones.

So, as a foreigner, yeah, I agree with Johnson that most people internationally want to see Obama in again, including me. I feel better knowing that many human beings will suffer less and that democratic governments can still prioritise the plight of the disadvantaged.

I also despise slash-and-burn 'consultancy' businessmen who made a living out of dismantling companies and putting people out of work. So its interesting to me when I hear people saying they're going to vote for Romney, not because of what he stands for or what he's done in life, but because they don't want Obama. I'm guessing this is why this tax plan was so delayed, they probably knew from the start that what he stood for wasn't what was going to win this for Romney.

Maj. O'Gara mentioned that he wished the US had coalition governments. I suppose that would make a 3rd party viable and not seem like a wasted vote. To do that you need to de-emphasise the presidency and make the house/senate the focus of attention.

----------

All this said, Bush Jr. proved once and for all that the president is pretty much a figurehead in today's day and age. It was so amazingly blatant that he didn't know what was going on half the time that even HE joked about it. And maybe he should be in a way: the United States' system appeals to me because theoretically you guys can have a massively diverse set of state-specific laws and cultures with open borders and freedom of travel.

Ending mildly drunk rant now. :3

P.s.

Also what Perrone said

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.