SB Ban Removal

Hi Guys

Name: Thompsons R 4 Silly People

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:606066

Admin: Rather 1st MRB

Excuse:

This was a case of mistaken identity. I joined the server for around 30 - 40 seconds and then banned for a indecent spray. Firstly, I have sprays switched off in game using mp_decals 0, secondly I am not stupid enough to do something like this. Although the ban was only for 1 hour, I don't really want a tarnished record. I rejoined the server later on, once the ban had expired and spoke briefly with Balian and he said that they managed to get the guy who actually had the spray. As previously mentioned, I was on the server for such a short period, as an allied player, on anzio, that I had only just got off the beach before I was banned, giving me absolutely no time to even deploy a spray anywhere! Seems that sourcemod has stitched me up in this case.

I would appreciate this being removed from SB as I have never EVER been banned from a server in my life and do not want a tarnished record for a case of mistaken identity. I hold absolutely no animosity toward the admin as he was only going on the information he was given.

Again, I would be most appreciative if the SB ban is deleted. I am actually part of the [CD] clan and this type of behaviour would not be tolerated on their servers, so why on earth would I do it on yours?

Thanks

Unter

I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I was in the server when this occurred. Someone posted a horrible spray on the church wall (goatse...if you don't know what it is, do not google it, NSFW and LIFE). When Rather ran a trace spray on it, it came up with your name. When I did, it came up with your name as well, although when I did it again a few minutes later, it came up with no name. Rather said that since your name came up as the one who made the spray, banned you. I corroborated with him since it said your name at first for me too. Strange thing is, the spray could not be removed by me, even after you were off the server, and kept coming up with an error when I tried to get a name of who sprayed it.

SO, I can vouch that it was probably not him who did the spray, but was most likely an error with whatever system is utilized to identify and remove offensive sprays (though from what I understand, the perp was identified and banned later).

My 3 cents.

Hey T Brown

Thanks for your addition to this and taking the time to post.

I am sure you can see from my email address that I may have played day of defeat for quite a while and this is certainly something I would not do under any circumstances.

Odd why sourcemod spray tracer would mess up like this though.

Thanks

Unter