The Car/Truck/Gearhead Thread

Xiong

dunno why but mustangs are notorius for shitty e brakes. Im not saying that because its a ford. I work for ford. its just a fact.

This has a SN95 Cobra swapped rear axle. Needs new cables for it to work, and modifying the stock brake handle.

Know where I can source parts for cheap since you work for them?

I need part numbers:

M-2809-A and M-2910-A.

I slid the roof racks on my 98 Explorer back and made a racing wing out of them.

I also don't clean the front grill so it looks all scorched and Da Business.

I took off the air freshner Foot because that shit's for pussies.

Upgraded the sound system with CCR.

Broken flip flop in the cargo bay to shovel masculine amounts of snow off the roof.

Comes standard with smuggling compartments in the back (it does the Cardiff run in less than 12 parsecs.)

Different tyres on each wheel for +1 screaming drifts when turning a corner at a stop light.

Total cost of mods: £0

I slid the roof racks on my 98 Explorer back and made a racing wing out of them.

I also don't clean the front grill so it looks all scorched and Da Business.

I took off the air freshner Foot because that shit's for pussies.

Upgraded the sound system with CCR.

Broken flip flop in the cargo bay to shovel masculine amounts of snow off the roof.

Comes standard with smuggling compartments in the back (it does the Cardiff run in less than 12 parsecs.)

Different tyres on each wheel for +1 screaming drifts when turning a corner at a stop light.

Total cost of mods: £0

Lol Logue we want some pictures of that INSANE tune-up!

50040_zpsba454fc2.jpg

Jack, Y U NO FIT UNDER SUBFRAME?!!?

50041_zps2b995d0d.jpg

Car ended up being too low, so I had to use TWO jacks. A scissor jack to get it high enough for my other jack to fit.

50042_zps5563dace.jpg

What did I do? Drained the radiator, replaced a leaky hose that was pissing coolant all over my driveway and garage. This was just one of the other few leaks going around in the engine.

50043_zpsc98841c8.jpg

Heard a nasty crack / popping sound from the passenger side subframe connector as I was lowering it. I think one of the welds gave... oops. D:

Edited by Xiong 1st MRB

Hmm i might actually be able to do something for ya. let me get a price on it and then i just need to figure out shipping causts. shoot me a pm about and ill see if i get a good price on it. i get most stuff 10% above caust so typically much less than what any one else pays :)

Please excuse me sir, I need a new change of pants.

Also an update:

I can either pay $400 to get it Smogged without catalytic converters and smog equipment (my car doesnt have it )

In CA, there is a new smog procedure called STAR which STAR Stations can only perform. They're like 90% stricter and closely monitored, but there are still a few out there that are STAR and willing to do this crooked. I just hand them my paper work...

or I can blow money in regaining that equipment. ~$200 but I don't know if it will still pass then.

What do you guys think? Help is appreciated.

Also, not sure if I'd have to STAR smog it every 2 years, if I do, I'm going to reinstall the emissions equipment.

In CA, its over a $1000 fine for running without smog emissions systems, and $10,000 to shops that remove smog equipment.

Edited by Xiong 1st MRB

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates.

During the time, I had discovered coolant leaks from the thermostat and water pump. I bought a new water pump, new gaskets and tore it apart this last week and finished this weekend. I put her back together and started it for the first time since I got it!

I have also acquired some nice parts that's going into her too!

72563_10151567587939609_171274104_n.jpg

and I also plasti-dipped the hood a bit. got some love too!

559042_10151563347394609_1514689921_n.jp

Cheersh. :lol: