Official Stanley Cup Playoffs

Englebretson 1st MRB

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steiner don't start causing problems, this is a thread about the playoffs and all you've done is troll other people's teams. If you're to put others down because your team couldn't get it done then I'm warning you to stop replying. If you continue to do so then I'm restricting your posting.

Steiner don't start causing problems, this is a thread about the playoffs and all you've done is troll other people's teams. If you're to put others down because your team couldn't get it done then I'm warning you to stop replying. If you continue to do so then I'm restricting your posting.

I was just having some fun =/

I'll stop, i just love getting into it with Canucks fans.

Wow.

No way that 3rd goal yesterday should have counted either. Turris fell on Budaj knowing that Plekanec had his hand on him. If that was Plekanec "pushing" turris into Budaj then either Plekanec is the strongest player in the league or Turris is the weakest - I've seen stronger waves than that so-called push. Such BS (along with that obvious redirection in game 4). Whereas the Habs had to work hard for every goal, the Sens coasted in on the luckiest bounces/rebounds.

Still shows that the most important position is the Goalie. If you have a mediocre AHL team in front that gets lucky at the right times then you'll win series if you have a goalie that can keep a .950 save % on 35+ shots / game.

Guess Emelin was a MUCH MUCH bigger factor for the Habs than anyone thought. Ever since his injury, Habs were 5-10 (including playoffs) with a whopping 53 goals against. Prior to that, they let in 89 (+ 2 empty netters) in 38 games with Emelin (33 goals against in the last 10 games without Emelin).

And the injury to Eller in the 1st game played a big role too as it broke the chemistry Eller/Galchenyuk/Gallagher had prior to the playoffs (they were easily our best line for the last few games of the season).

Well, Montreal was going to lose in round 2 anyway - just hate seeing them lose to constantly lucky bounces, some badly timed key injuries and horrendous NHL replay-review calls.

And looks like Toronto might get knocked out tonight as I don't think TO has the mental stamina to come back from that last debacle - Boston is just too strong.

And since Ottawa is going to get absolutely and embarrassingly destroyed by Pittsburgh (a team that finally realized they can't win with a wilted flower in nets) in round 2, Canadian teams will have to look 2014 for our next shot at bringing back the Cup.

Give ottawa some credit. They may stand a chance against Pittsburgh. Toronto could surprise boston. Although i would have to agree that Toronto and Ottawa would be facing a great challenge if they played the likes of the rangers or capitals.

If you didn't know how the playoff brackets work, Ottawa is facing the winner of the PIT/NYI series. TOR/BOS will face the winners of the NYR/WAS series.

Ottawa is going to get destroyed by the Pens, there is no chance in hell Anderson is going to shut down Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Iggy, Kunitz, and Letang. The Islanders are keeping up with them because they demolished flower's confidence, but with a veteran like Vokoun in the cage to play a relaxed game, the Islanders and the Sens are going to get destroyed.

IF Toronto can win tonight in Boston, they get to come back home and try to beat Boston at the ACC for the first time which I think they can do. The series would probably be tied 2-2 if Phaneuf wasn't such a fuck up. Here's hoping he only plays 21 minutes instead of 31 minutes, the more he plays the dumber he gets. They beat Boston at home once already so I have faith they can do it again.

PLEASE WIN TORONTO, I WANT 1 MORE GAME AT HOME!

And the Canucks get eliminated by a referee.....

You've got to admit, watching Canuck players cry and whine about diving, and embellishment is just so delicious. Nothing quite like watching Kesler be so righteous to the media. Hah, that's a gift that keeps on giving.

friggin RIGHT!

In order to thank the Sharks for this great favour, i will root for them to win the cup even though i think the Hawks have it on lock.

It's easy to take pot shots from the golf course.

Assuming you're a Canucks fan, welcome to the club. If not, you will likely be there soon and have it just as easy as i ;)

I wouldn't have a problem with the short season and the early onset of golf, if it wasn't for the fact that your team of broken players has taken all the golf carts.

And don't get me started on diving and embellishment. The Oilers are no better than anyone else, and the only reason they don't get called on it is because they haven't won a meaningful playoff game since 2006.

Every team has that occasional player that ends up rarely embellishing. I just can't believe a team had so much of those players that people would begin to Photoshop that teams logo into this.

8780.diving101.jpg

Oilers are a team of broken players? Can't tell if troll? The Canucks just so happened to lose the season series to that team of so called "broken players" and got demolished 7-2 during the last game of the regular season to that very same team. Honestly, i'd rather have my team stink it up during the regular season (especially if we're a rebuilding team like the Oilers currently are) and get a great draft pick instead of wasting a third seed finish only to get swished in the first round. What's the streak at for home playoff losses for the Canucks? The number grew so large that i've lost track.

However, it looks like the Canucks are in store for years and years in the basement. TSN is reporting that Gillis wants to rebuild? PLZ TELL ME MOAR?

Check out this quote monstrosity!

Also, hockey is usually played on ice, or so I've heard.

Give ottawa some credit. They may stand a chance against Pittsburgh. Toronto could surprise boston. Although i would have to agree that Toronto and Ottawa would be facing a great challenge if they played the likes of the rangers or capitals.

If you didn't know how the playoff brackets work, Ottawa is facing the winner of the PIT/NYI series. TOR/BOS will face the winners of the NYR/WAS series.

Ottawa is going to get destroyed by the Pens, there is no chance in hell Anderson is going to shut down Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Iggy, Kunitz, and Letang. The Islanders are keeping up with them because they demolished flower's confidence, but with a veteran like Vokoun in the cage to play a relaxed game, the Islanders and the Sens are going to get destroyed.

IF Toronto can win tonight in Boston, they get to come back home and try to beat Boston at the ACC for the first time which I think they can do. The series would probably be tied 2-2 if Phaneuf wasn't such a fuck up. Here's hoping he only plays 21 minutes instead of 31 minutes, the more he plays the dumber he gets. They beat Boston at home once already so I have faith they can do it again.

What i meant was if ottawa or toronto ever got far enough to play either wash or NYR and of course pittsburgh i dont think they would last. Like if they ever played any of those teams i dont believe they would win.

I'm still confused with what you're saying because for Ottawa to have a chance to play against Washington or New York they'd have to beat Pittsburgh first. Are you saying that Washington and New York are a better team than Pittsburgh? If so, I strongly disagree. Ottawa won't get a chance to face WAS or NYR because they're going to get beat by Pittsburgh first.

Even though this Boston team is going to win the series vs. Toronto, they are not that good. Aside from game 1, Toronto has had more opportunities to win in every game and the lack of experience on the Leafs is not getting it done. Boston has been getting some really lucky goals that are bouncing in off of defenders or people crashing the net (I guess the saying is true, you gotta be good to be lucky). I still believe this is not the same Boston team from 2 years ago, this is a vulnerable team that I think will lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs to either Washington or New York.

My prediction for the eastern conference finals - Pittsburgh vs. Washington or you could say Crosby vs. Ovechkin part 2. Wouldn't that be something to watch? I hope it happens.

I agree with you parker, but i was just saying if they did play either of those teams NYR, wash or pits they wouldnt stand a chance. I know ottawa wont make it, but what im saying is those 3 teams are superior to ottawa and toronto lol. I'm not comparing NYR, wash and pits to eachother. I'm just saying that they would beat ottawa and toronto if either of them played at any point in time. Your looking way too into it :P.

I would love to see washington against Pittsburgh. I kinda wanted NYR to win, but now you mention it seeing them play against eachother would be awesome.

Edited by Mamora BAR

I must have misinterpreted what you meant I only saw you mentioned NYR and Washington, I didn't see that you wrote down Pittsburgh. I'm not convinced that Washington and NYR are better than Ottawa, Ottawa is a team that finished 7th BUT they did that without 4 key members. If this team was healthy during the regular season I think they would have finished as the number 2 seed. You saw what Anderson and Karlsson can do for their team when their healthy and if they can get Spezza back for round 2 they will definitely put up a good fight, unfortunately for them they have to face Pittsburgh next round.

Can someone please explain to me why Toronto got a penalty in the last 4 mins for delay of game? All I saw was Boston checking the Toronto player, then the whistle blew.

Holy crazy last minute of the game!

When any player, while in his defending zone, shoots or bats (using his hand or his stick) the puck directly (non-deflected) out of the playing surface, except where there is no glass, a penalty shall be assessed for delaying the game. When the puck is shot into the players’ bench, the penalty will not apply. When the puck is shot over the glass ‘behind’ the players’ bench, the penalty will be assessed.

That penalty was bullshit, Chara's stick deflected the puck.

Oh and all I have to say is

NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT BABY!

21 mins for Phaneuf... Ha. You're such a tease Parker.

You know Carlysle has no choice but to play his "#1" defenseman 27-30 mins (ev + pp + sh). Although Gardiner and Franson have been arguably more consistent both ways than Phaneuf.

I tease not, Phaneuf played 21:38 minutes tonight. Franson played 23 minutes and Gardiner (this kid is gonna be a star one day) played 24 minutes.

When the Leafs listen to me they win :P

Oh and I was blown away when Grabo had the balls to try and pull this move off in the playoffs: