Official Stanley Cup Playoffs

Englebretson 1st MRB

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was as if millions of Maple Leaf fans cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Sad sad day. I was really hoping they would win. I looked at my phone just before i went into the movies to watch the great gatsby and saw the score and said to myself ok...they have this in the bag...2 mins left..ahead by 2....cmon. After the movie i looked at my phone and was dumbstruck. I cant imagine how painful of a loss that is for the players and fans.

It's because you went to see Gatsby. Willingly. Without the need to exchange lost time in boyfriend points. Whenever a guy goes to see Gatsby, a hockey player suffers.

Well, I have to say, TO surpassed expectations. The toughest division in all of hockey is in the Northeast for years to come.

"Anticipating the public’s sticker shock, Tom Anselmi, the president and COO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, claimed that it was in line with what major NHL markets charge at this time of year.

The Montreal Canadiens, a possible first-round opponent, have increased their tickets between 55% and 59%, matching their previous playoff increases according to a team representative."

Not sure how 75% is line with "55 to 59" when the prices are the highest to begin with. I'd feel pretty like someone wanted me to pick up a bar of dropped soap if I was a season ticket holder.

One last thing before attention switches off of the Leafs that I found out today from a co-worker. Apparently, the Leafs are now the first team in the entire history of the NHL to ever lose a game after gaining a 4-1 lead so quickly in the 3rd period. That shadow is going to hang over the Leafs for a long time, I saw the reactions in Maple Leaf Square as each goal in the entire game went by, my reaction was the exact same, dumbstruck. Another of my co-workers said he thought he was drunk.

After all's said and done though, the Leafs were a great team this year, they just need to do some more adjustments, fine-tuning, and experience before next year.

Edited by Armstrong 1st MRB

It was almost the same thing here in Minnesota. My season seats are 135 a piece and I have 4 slots reserved. The weekend before the playoffs started my tickets were going for over 400$ on tickethub and other sites. Hockey is just like every other major sport in NA that jacks up their prices during the playoffs or regular season based on their fan market.

Why do i feel as though the playoffs now are alot more predictable during this round. Theres no wild card teams that are making things interesting. I mean cmon toronto almost handing it to bruins? That was a crazy series, but the best series ive seen so far was ottawa and montreal. It would be quite a show if Ottawa somehow managed to put up a fight against the penguins.

Although, i am interested in who will survive the matchup between the bruins and the rangers, but i cant help feeling that ive seen these teams in the playoffs before.....its like watching NY giants vs the patriots in the superbowl. The same ole teams out on top...boring.

Am I the only one rooting for the Hawks? Anyone for Detroit?

(My dad = huge redwing fan (whole family is actually), while since I spent first 10 years of my life in Chicago, its the Hawks for me. This has resulted in a fairly substantial bet so...wish the Hawks (and by extension, me) luck : )

(My dad = huge redwing fan (whole family is actually), while since I spent first 10 years of my life in Chicago, its the Hawks for me. This has resulted in a fairly substantial bet so...wish the Hawks (and by extension, me) luck : )

Im only rooting for Detroit because I have to build up my hatred for the rest of my life against the Hawks. I really hope San Jose makes it to the finals.

TROLOLOL @ San Jose last night. 2 goals in 22 seconds FTW... Eat a bowl o' diiiicks NorCal.

This is why I hate any fans from LA win one cup and they think they are the best Franchise in history lol

Chupa mi verrrga, güey. I never said shit about being the best Franchise. One cup is just that: ONE. Not enough for the appetite of the L.A. fan but we're still gonna back the Kings. When it comes to North vs. South, though, I'mma talk shit. Fuck the Bay and everyone in it. Especially the Giants and Sharks.

Even if LA wins the series their not going to get past the hawks. I want detroit to win dont get me wrong, but i cant see them beating the hawks at this point and once LA gets past the sharks since they ALWAYS CHOKE...the hawks will eat LA alive. As much as i wanted to believe the sharks had a chance it quickly went away when they let 2 goals in within a matter of seconds....ya theres the sharks i know.

Im only rooting for Detroit because I have to build up my hatred for the rest of my life against the Hawks. I really hope San Jose makes it to the finals.

HA, that just reminded me that I was born in San Jose so there is even more (potential) turmoil now in my little hockey world.

That's why they play the games, homie. I'm just enjoying a little success after lots of disappointment. Win or lose I've got "LA" inked on my skin it's not like I can hop on the nearest bandwagon. It's not like I'm from San Francisco TROLOLOL.

That's why they play the games, homie. I'm just enjoying a little success after lots of disappointment. Win or lose I've got "LA" inked on my skin it's not like I can hop on the nearest bandwagon. It's not like I'm from San Francisco TROLOLOL.

It's the Dodgers you have inked, not the Kings.

#Bandwagoner

I've also got the whole L.A. city skyline Parker. :lol:

I support any team from LA... NOT THE FUCKING MINNEAPOLIS LAKERS they are Engle's problem.

I admit I know pretty much fuckall about hockey compared to you die-hards. Look at how I drafted HAHAHA. Up until last year I would have watched regular season baseball before NHL playoffs. I don't even remember who lost to me in fantasy this year, but that's pretty Goddamn sad.

Edited by Alvarez 1st MRB

• 2 weeks later...