Resolved - Some sprays do not appear

Gearhart 1st MRB

Question

Name: Gearhart

Type of issue: Not sure

Brief Description of Issue: Some sprays including my own appear for me. I recently gave another member a spray and when they sprayed it in game it did not appear on my screen. I am pretty sure all of my settings allow for sprays to appear. My r_decals is set to 2000.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Pending Reply

Main Technician: Holland

Supporting Technician: Candy

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

1. Enter game and go to the options menu. Go to the advanced video options and report what is in the bottom right: directx levels and windows aero.

2. Head over to the multiplayer tab and under advanced please report what the decal limit is set to.

3. Use the following directory to find the temp folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Day of Defeat Source\dod\materials\temp. Delete everything inside of the temp folder. Then play in the pub for a little while and when you exit the game please report back if there are any files within the temp folder. If you have VTFedit installed on your comp please report if you are able to open any of the files. Hint: The files are all the sprays that were sprayed in the pub while you were connected to the server.

Directxv 9.0

Widndows aero Enabled

Decal limit 2000

and will do and will update later

Update: I am able to view all images in that folder

Edited by Gearhart 1st MRB

try deleting your steam\steamapps\custom\day of defeat source\dod\download folder. That's the folder that the game actually stores things downloaded from the server in. See if connecting to the server recreates it and fills it with files.

okay i was in correct the only spray that appeared in that folder was my own and i was able to see it. I played for about 15 min of donner and that was the only spray to appeared in the folder.

So for some reason your computer is not downloading sprays. This is progress. There should only be a handful of reasons that your computer would act this way.

1. In multiplayer options make sure that the option to 'allow all custom files from server' is selected

2. Check your default value for cl_playerspraydisable

3. Check your default value for cl_allowdownload

4. Check your default value for sv_allowdownload

5. Check your default value for r_decals

6. Check your default value for mp_decals

I know that you have checked some of these values before but lets get a fresh list going anyway.