Final Fantasy XIV

Tragedy

Okay, i have 3 beta keys, Barry got one so if anyone else wants one let me know! 2 left!

haha I have 4 emails and each email got one. I have already been playing it since the start of the beta tests. It's a really fun game if you are into Final Fantasy like I am. I've played em since the original on the NES! lol

Edited by Tragedy ßÄR

I already preordered this game and I got to say it's different from wow and I love it. The battle system is a bit slow but it give you time to think what you will do next. The job/class system is awesome! you can become any class/job at the same time but it takes a really long time. The dungeon is a bit awkward but not like wow it's short and sweet. Let me say this. I love this more than wow because I have fun leveling instead of grinding for wow. The menu is bit weird since it has like 1sec delay before opening but it's not bad once you get used to it. I heard it's going to have pvp but in beta it's not getting released so I don't know how good it will be but I am still satisfied with just the pve. This game only costs $30 digital copy and it comes with free month and some preorder goodies. Totally worth every penny and if you are fan of ff, must buy!

I have gw2 and I have to say it really isn't anything like it. GW2 SUCKS! No offence to anyone who is a fan but it just really is so damn boring. Final Fantasy I have been a fan of since I was a little kid. I love how much like anime it is. I love the classes I love the characters I love the story and lore, and I love CHOCOBOS! haha... Yes I am preordering it too. It really is an amazing game compared to some of the mmo's out these days. I've played all of them. Rift, WoW, GW2, the secret world, Aion, Tera, You name it and I have to say that FFXiV is going to be on top. Plus the producer and dev team actually listen to the players and they actually play the game too! I really love final fantasy and if you like MMO's you will prolly really enjoy it just like everything that Lee said. Yama don't hate the game hate the companies that use them as a cash grab. FF isn't free to play, it isn't buy your skills game. It is a genuine mmo role playing game that has alot of neat new things in it and well its FINAL FANTASY! haha anyways who wants beta's i got 2 left?

Oh btw XiV - ARR is nothing like the original Yama! They redid the whole entire game even the engine. ^.^ it is brand new and fixed and awesome.

Edited by Tragedy ßÄR

Yeah, I've played the Beta. It's 10x better than their original release. The main reason it reminds me of GW2 is the way they've set up the random location based events, like GW2 and the way changing your weapons changes your spells. Of course, in FF, changing weapons changes your class, but I found the mechanic familiar.

Don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy is an entirely different game in itself, but with all MMORPGs, you're bound to have some similarities. SquareEnix has always been a great company, which is why the IV flop was so surprising.

Yeah, I agree totally with what you just said. The "Fate" system is what they call it in FFXIV. It's a good feature. Made Gw2 some what barable. Rift had something simular except it was rifts you could run up and join everyone in beating. It keeps it interesting so there isn't just steady quest grinding going on which I like. It has come along way for sure since 1.0 I am excited haha. There is obviously going to be a bit of work in fine tuning it after release with all games. But from playing the beta alone I've really enjoyed myself. I truly love the Final Fantasy series and being able to play it online is going to be sweet. I can't wait for Lightening Returns to come out next. xD

Edited by Tragedy ßÄR

• 2 weeks later...

Beta Test phase 4 will run from August 17-19. Those who participated in the Beta Test phase 3 will be able to participate from August 16th. Early access will run from August 24th until the 26th with official service begins on August 27th, but the servers won't go down after Early Access, so you'll be able to play non-stop from August 24th.

hmmm I thought the early access date was 20th did it change? or did I get the wrong info? anyways do you know if my acc from phase 4 will be deleted or will it be transferred over to the main game? And Leviathan server is that EU Legacy sever? Shouldn't we start on the new server? since in legacy servers there will be people from old ff14 will have lv50s making it hard to earn gold? anyways that's just my point of view. experienced players = help but new server = better chance at making money.

I'll be on a North American server, >.< Maybe I got the server name wrong. I'll have to wait to see when we can access it. Phase 4 Beta your characters are saved for release. ;) and the dates are from the official letter from the producer which was on the 8th of August. XD

I'm going for a Thaumaturge Black Mage and the Miqo'te race from Keepers of the Moon side. Not sure what anyone else is or who else will have it till later.

I think maybe I'll go with the Cactuar server/realm. They are a popular character from the FF world which I love, so I would assume lots would pick it? I just have to pick the same server I play my other toon on with my girlfriend. So I'll try to convince her for Cactuar. I think everyone should pick it too so we can all be on the same server. Even if we don't play all the time with each other later on down the road it's always nice to know peeps to run dungeons etc rather then pug elitest assholes. XD So anyone that gets FFXiV Go on the CACTUAR server if you want to see people you know already and let me know if you do. I'll friend you inworld. =]

Here's the NA Server names.

North America

Status Server Name Language Ping

Offline Balmung (LEGACY) NA 0 ms

Offline Excalibur (LEGACY) NA 0 ms

Offline Hyperion (LEGACY) NA 0 ms

Offline Sargatanas (LEGACY) NA 0 ms

Offline Adamantoise NA 0 ms

Offline Behemoth NA 0 ms

Offline Cactuar NA 0 ms

Offline Coeurl NA 0 ms

Offline Diabolos NA 0 ms