Resolved - Sprays do not appear

Pinion

Question

Name: A. Pinion

Type of issue: Steam

Brief Description of Issue:

I can't see any spray of any kind. As far as I know, they're turned on. I have my decal limit at 200. I know a while back I may have accidentally deleted some folders when I was messing around with a config (I know, stupid idea) but I re installed the game and I still can't see them. I'd like to get my own personal spray but there's no point if I can't see it.

Thank you for your time!

Pvt. A. Pinion

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Pending Reply

Main Technician: J. Candy

Supporting Technician: J. Bradley

Edited by Bradley 1st MRB

is your cl_playerspraydisable set to 0 or 1? it should be set to 1

mine is set to 0 and sprays work for me, and based on the title of the console var it should be 0, not 1...

I am stupid you are correct it should be at 0

I was in a rush posting that i needed to get going to work and just posted it should be set to 0 all you need to do is go into your console and type cl_playerspraydisable 0

Try this....I found it on a thread for another issue, but it should reset your config file to default as if it was a clean install.

Remove your config.cfg file. The moment you start up Day of Defeat the game creates a fresh new file with all the default settings. The file can be found at: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\steam username\day of defeat\dod and is called config.cfg.

If you believe a file is missing, you can always right click on Day of Defeat Source in your Steam Library view. From there, click on the "Local Files" tab, then click the button that reads "Verify integrity of game cache..."

This will check your current files, and replace any missing or corrupted files.

If that does not work, continue to the next step;

In Steam, right click on Day of Defeat Source in the library view. Click Properties.

From there, click the "Set Launch Options..." button, and input the following exactly as shown below;

-autoconfig

Test the game.

Edited by Holland 1st MRB

Pinion,

Try this procedure:

1)Uninstall DODs through the Windows control panel

2)Delete local files in Steam

3)Quit out of Steam and reboot the computer

4)Launch Steam and re-download the game and install.

Please get back to me and tell me if this helps you.

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

I have noticed Steam stores another config.cfg on the cloud. Day of Defeat will use this config over the one stored in your cfg folder. This other config may be causing your issues.

I suggest you leave Steam Cloud sync turned on and edit the existing config to ensure it is not causing any issues. (This means even if reinstall dod you will always have the correct config for dod)

1. Navigate to "C:/Program Files/Steam/userdata"

2. There will be a folder for each steam account. Unfortunately they are listed as six digit numbers so you will have to deduce which is the correct account if there are multiple.

3. Navigate to "C:/Program Files/Steam/userdata/xxxxxx/300/remote/cfg" (The xxxxxx refers to the six digit number of your steam account.)

4. There will be a config.cfg. Open it with Notepad. Press Ctrl+F to open a search and type "cl_playerspraydisable". Ensure that the number following this command is a 0.

I suggest you try Candy's fix first before attempting this. If you run into any trouble feel free to contact me via PM or steam.

Let me backtrack a bit and ask a few questions I might have missed:

Have you ever been able to see sprays in any of the Source games? (ie: CS Source, Team Fortress etc)

If you have seen sprays before, when was the last time you did see them?

What have you done between the time you saw them and now that might have changed it?

Sorry if they have been asked before or seem too obvious, I am racking my brain here...

One other question I will open to the other technicians, would it be possible for someone who can see sprays to email the .cfg or other relevant files to Pinion?

Edited by Candy 1st MRB