False VA claims.

Viktor

I dont even go to the VA about my knee and PTSD due to the fact that 1, the average claim would take 3 years and around 50-100 doctor visits. 2, I go there and see veterans my age or younger with more problems than me and I don't want to hold THEM up on their clam. And 3, I hate hospitals.

I wish that the corpsmen on my ship weren't so lazy. When most people came in for issues, they would just give us ibprophen or some sort of pain killer and not document anything unless you seriously broke something or impailed yourself. Or died. Otherwise I would probably actually have around 90% disability now.

I wish that the corpsmen on my ship weren't so lazy. When most people came in for issues, they would just give us ibprophen or some sort of pain killer and not document anything unless you seriously broke something or impailed yourself. Or died. Otherwise I would probably actually have around 90% disability now.

Yes, that is the kicker. I should be getting around the 80%-100% range since I have multiple issues.

• 10 months later...

Guys please go and file your claims. My grandfather-in-law is a WW2 vet who donates to the VA and visits from time to time. We spoke a couple days ago about the Israeli/Gaza war and his politics/WW2. He said to me very sternly, There are ways to get exactly what you need, these are your benefits for a reason, those guys should use them, I did.

These are the things he fought for and he is extremely politically active. Even if you believe it is not as horrible as the next guy or you are being a wimp...file. They take things individually for each person.

The other thing as a Social Worker I will always advocate for you guys in particular to receive help. I have a lot of respect for the guys who have served who aren't genuine asses. Get yourself to a therapist please. There are others like you, and you are not alone at all. Please.

We have a Hospice Vet liaison come here to assist our vets with paperwork. He always stresses when you go for your appointments that calculate your percentage, you have to be open and persistent with the doc. If he asks you "how are you today" and you respond with a typical "I'm fine", he's not going to assume there's much wrong with you. Make sure you're telling everything that's not normal for you. You can also fill out paperwork to get re-evaluated. I would suggest you look into this if you think you didn't get a high enough percentage - a different doctor might be more empathetic.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you having trouble with VA claims, Get in touch with the DAV or VFW. They have Lawyers that will represent you free of charge. there are also organizations that will represent you and you will get your claim, but they will charge you. I collect 80% VA disability and get 100% SS Disability for the same thing. Go Figure.......