2014-15 NHL Season

Englebretson 1st MRB

Seattle Starbucks LOL

I have no idea what there team colors would be but I doubt they would be those. Maybe dark blue and tan? Something murky and depressing I guess. Maybe "Seattle Thunderbirds" would make a lot of sense because since that was there junior hockey team back in the day.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably get into Hockey more if Seattle got a NHL franchise. If anyone would go in on it, it would be one of the Microsoft guys (Paul Allen/Steve Balmer), Paul Allen has been trying to get Seattle another Basketball team, but I could care less about basketball.

The Edmonton Oilers were close to re-locating to Seattle last year due to difficulties getting a new arena deal agreed upon by city council. Our owner had a meeting with some guy from Seattle, it was supposedly the same guy that plans to have the Sonic's back (can't remember his name), and they went to a Seahawks game and everything afterwards. He came back to our city apologizing and saying how he went to explore the opportunity in Seattle because of the short distance which made it so convenient and regrets doing such a thing to Oiler fans. However, we all know it was because he found out he won't make as much money with the team in Seattle as he can with it in Edmonton. He eventually modified the arena deal that he had proposed previously to something way more reasonable and then city council agreed to it, thus our brand new arena will be ready by 2016.

I would really like to see Seattle get a hockey team, though. Seattle is one of those cities that should definitely have a team in pretty much each sport.

I feel badly for Oilers fans, Katz seems to be jerking them around a lot. Edmonton deserves a hockey team and it would be a damned shame if that moron decided to move the team because the city wouldn't build him a new rink.

I would love to see expansion to Seattle. It would be absolutely fantastic for the Canucks because it would shorten their travel considerably. Additionally, a team would become an instant rival for the Canucks and fans would be willing to travel which means that they would sell out all Seattle/Vancouver games.

Leafs won WOOOT!!!! 3-0-0, Colorado you're next!

I will say the League needs to take those spin-o-rama shootout moves out of the game. I'm a Leafs fan and I can admit the Mason Raymond goal tonight should not have counted, but hey 2 pts so WOOHOOO!

P.s. I am officially on TEAM BERNIER!

RGj6pX.gif

Flyers just fired Lavi...dun dun dun! I wasn't expecting the flyers to start off so badly but eh dont really like them anyhow lol.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=685771&...vid=DL|NHL|home

Another case of the coach taking the fall and the dumb GM keeps his job. I swear Holmgren ruined that team by trading away all of its core pieces for nothing.

Flyers just fired Lavi...dun dun dun! I wasn't expecting the flyers to start off so badly but eh dont really like them anyhow lol.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=685771&...vid=DL|NHL|home

Another case of the coach taking the fall and the dumb GM keeps his job. I swear Holmgren ruined that team by trading away all of its core pieces for nothing.

Couldn't agree more. It seems like coaches are the first ones to get blamed nowadays for teams bad performances. Even Noel is on the burner if jets dont make the playoffs this year. Instead of identify other avenues of what maybe an issue with the team they point the finger at the coaches right off the bat. Lavi was a great coach no doubt about it.

Good lord... will Edmonton ever achieve their potential of 3 1st overall picks?

Now they have Swiss cheese as their goalie tandem. Just sign Bryz already it's not like 1 year at a veteran's min is a big risk. He can't be worse than the Barbarian and Dubstep.

That being said, good to see Cgy doing better than most people pegged to be (winless).

Miller probably won't want to go to Edm tho. It's going from a rebuild to shouldn't-be-a-rebuild-but-plays-like-one.

And not sure that Eakins is the kind of coach that Miller would get along with.

The regier rumours are likely just that. I'd see Miller going to a team like Philly with all their insecurities at the G. Or maybe Florida, since Markstrom doesn't look like he's consistent enough and Thomas being injury prone like any near-40 years old would be.

Maybe a team like St. Louis. Neither Halak nor Elliott are playing like #1s. Miller in a defense 1st team with those D men would shine pretty bright. Blues have lots of young kids they can offer up in a package with either elliott/halak coming back.

Good lord... will Edmonton ever achieve their potential of 3 1st overall picks?

Now they have Swiss cheese as their goalie tandem. Just sign Bryz already it's not like 1 year at a veteran's min is a big risk. He can't be worse than the Barbarian and Dubstep.

That being said, good to see Cgy doing better than most people pegged to be (winless).

Urgh... I know =/

MacT has gotta know that not making a move is worse than making one when it comes to a sinking team like this. I've got the impression that something will happen since we've been all over the rumor mill lately whether it be for Hiller, Lindback, Miller (not happening), etc. As for Bryz, i think we're getting close to the contract limit which is why i think we're holding back on UFA goalies. Either that or MacT just doesn't want them. I believe Eakins is taking us in the right direction but it's just not showing up on paper. Thus far, we just aren't doing the little things required to win. We get way too over zealous on the penalty kill and Dubie only shows up once every four games.