2014-15 NHL Season

Englebretson 1st MRB

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this thread actually makes me want to watch ice hockey. I'm going to find some highlights and see if I understand what the hell is going on.

Awesome! I'm always in the mood to explain the game to people who are interested so if you find me in vent just hop in my channel and I'll tell you which teams you shouldn't cheer for *cough* Vancouver Canucks *cough* and which teams you should *cough* Toronto Maple Leafs *cough* ;)

I actually had my heart set on seeing a Canucks game when I stayed in Vancouver for three months but they were on strike that year. I was watching clips on youtube but now I am mainly just watching enforcer fights. Legal fighting, what a game!

I'm beyond excited for the Olympics and the fact that i get to watch the Jets play LA down at the Staples center in March. Such a great year for hockey. Was awesome hanging with friends at applebees and watching the winter classic. Was the best way to spend my new years day.

Like previously stated, Russia and Canada look to have some solid teams. It's going to be VERY interesting this year and I can't wait.

Russia having Datsyuk and Ovechkin who have been awesome this year and Butterovsky coming off injury their going to be tough to beat.

Can't ignore the fact that Team Canada has the scariest and probably the most deadliest forwards and some solid defense. Not sold on the goalie situation.

It will be interesting to see how Team USA matches up against them.

Russia having Datsyuk and Ovechkin who have been awesome this year and Butterovsky coming off injury their going to be tough to beat.

Can't ignore the fact that Team Canada has the scariest and probably the most deadliest forwards and some solid defense. Not sold on the goalie situation.

PLEASE. I would rather have any of Luongo, Price or Smith over Bobrovksy.

I wasn't too happy when I heard about our goalies but then I realized I was overreacting, we have solid netminders back there. By far, Finland has the best trio of goalies there's no arguing that, but after that I would say it's a neck-and-neck race for second between Canada and USA, and in my opinion Canada is a bit better.

This team is a dream team for Canada, I'm expecting great things from a country that could easily put up another team in Sochi:

Logan Couture - Joe Thornton - Martin St. Louis

Taylor Hall - Eric Staal - Claude Giroux

Milan Lucic - Mike Richards - Jordan Eberle

Andrew Ladd - Tyler Seguin - James Neal

Jason Spezza - Jarome Iginla

Marc Staal - Brent Seabrook

Dion Phaneuf - Dan Boyle

Kris Letang - Kevin Bieksa

Mark Giordano - Francois Beauchemin

Marc-Andre Fleury

Josh Harding

Corey Crawford

I wasn't too happy when I heard about our goalies but then I realized I was overreacting, we have solid netminders back there. By far, Finland has the best trio of goalies there's no arguing that, but after that I would say it's a neck-and-neck race for second between Canada and USA, and in my opinion Canada is a bit better.

This team is a dream team for Canada, I'm expecting great things from a country that could easily put up another team in Sochi:

Logan Couture - Joe Thornton - Martin St. Louis

Taylor Hall - Eric Staal - Claude Giroux

Milan Lucic - Mike Richards - Jordan Eberle

Andrew Ladd - Tyler Seguin - James Neal

Jason Spezza - Jarome Iginla

Marc Staal - Brent Seabrook

Dion Phaneuf - Dan Boyle

Kris Letang - Kevin Bieksa

Mark Giordano - Francois Beauchemin

Marc-Andre Fleury

Josh Harding

Corey Crawford

First off thanks for including Harding. Second the Wild now have 2 hattys in one week. That is all.

Come to think of it Sweden's team looks a bit solid, but your right parker Finlands goalies are scary o_o. I wonder whose gonna start for them in goal. As long as Niemi and Rask stay healthy then I'm sure they'll own. Dammit is it February yet?

Ham I will take price and smith, but Luongo? Mind you I haven't seen him play as of late so i can't really lend an opinion on him. I'm sure you have a better take on him then i do since your a nuck fan :P

That would be the best Team Canada roster. Why weren't you in charge of selecting? Yzerman = Retard.

I wouldn't take that team to Sochi! Crosby, Stamkos, Weber, Tavares, and Toewes aren't even on it! I just made another team from the players who didn't make Team Canada, I was illustrating the fact that Canada has enough talent to have 2 teams competing in the Olympics. Plus, I'm pretty sure Yzerman is a competent enough GM for Canada since he put together the last team that won gold four years ago.

• 2 weeks later...