2014-15 NHL Season

Englebretson 1st MRB

Ummmm I think they forgot what game they were supposed to be playing haha.

What happened was Calgary started the game with their 4th line. Generally, the 4th line is your energy/checking line filled with a bunch of tough guys. An unwritten rule in hockey, or a code, is that you never start the game with your 4th line because you're basically suggesting you want to fight. Instead of sending out their more talented players to defuse the situation, as a precaution for their star players Vancouver sent out their 4th line in response and BOOM goes the dynamite.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm thats pretty cool! I think I need to start watching hockey! Ive been to some local college games and had a great time so I could probably get into it. :)

Plus there is a REALLY cool Bruins hoodie I want haha.... though I think my team would be the Maple Leafs.

Edited by Mullaney 1st MRB

Hmm thats pretty cool! I think I need to start watching hockey! Ive been to some local college games and had a great time so I could probably get into it. :)

Plus there is a REALLY cool Bruins hoodie I want haha.... I think my team would be the Maple Leafs.

Pfft you are just sucking up to Parker =P jk. I use to go to a lot of WHL games and it was a lot of fun. First game I went to it went to shoot out. The whole time I was on the edge of my seat, what a rush. Id love to go to an NHL game but that will have to wait til next season. Im stoked for the Olympics and for the playoffs to start. Go Team Canada and go Pittsburgh. You should give hockey a try! Its one of the better sports to watch =P

Ummmm I think they forgot what game they were supposed to be playing haha.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlel1VPZ4zA?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlel1VPZ4zA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

What happened was Calgary started the game with their 4th line. Generally, the 4th line is your energy/checking line filled with a bunch of tough guys. An unwritten rule in hockey, or a code, is that you never start the game with your 4th line because you're basically suggesting you want to fight. Instead of sending out their more talented players to defuse the situation, as a precaution for their star players Vancouver sent out their 4th line in response and BOOM goes the dynamite.

I love the fact that hockey teams sign players to have a punch up. Sounds like drinking in my local pub, you always keep one of the tough nut regulars sweet in case in all kicks off :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench during the Blue Jackets-Stars game today. He has been taken to hospital and is apparently conscious. I understand that he has a heart condition that kept him from the preseason and has caused him to miss some games recently.

Definitely a detriment to Dallas. He could have really done something over there for them. I hope he turns out ok. As a Bruins fan it's interesting to see how many of you like the Leafs or Team Cananda.

Are the bullshit memes about him asking to be out back in the game after his cardiac arrest actually true then?

Yup, those are true. When Lindy Ruff, his coach, asked him how he was feeling after his heart started beating regularly again, Rich Peverley asked him how many minutes are left in the period and if he could return. Those are hockey players for ya!