Closed - Can't download Ventrilo

DeJong

Question

Name: M. DeJong

Type of issue: Software

Brief Description of Issue:I'm unable to download Ventrilo fully. I have a mac that I got from a friend who recently moved way, and I can't get his admin password and username as he forgot it. I can't download Ventrilo without the admin info.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Pending Reply

Main Technician: J. Kirk

Supporting Technician:

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

8 answers to this question

Depending on how old your Mac is, you either need to boot into your OS installation disk (for older Mac OS versions) or boot into your recovery partition (on the new Macs). If you hold the Option key when you turn on your Mac, it should give you boot options.

If there is a recovery partition you should be able to boot into that and use the Password Reset utility. The same would be on your installation disk.

Depending on how old your Mac is, you either need to boot into your OS installation disk (for older Mac OS versions) or boot into your recovery partition (on the new Macs). If you hold the Option key when you turn on your Mac, it should give you boot options.

If there is a recovery partition you should be able to boot into that and use the Password Reset utility. The same would be on your installation disk.

The Lt. col said it all. here is a link for the exact steps

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1274