Ancient 1990's games.

Downs

Has anyone played Lords of the realm 2, or Caesar 3? Both games are from the 1990's and are dead. Lords 2 is epic and spawned unarguably the Total War series style games. if any of you remember Lords 2 I will give you access to my gog.com (good old games) account. I want to play multiplayer. It is considered "abandonware" with no drm or copy restrictions. While multiplayer is gone though Sierra online, we can still play through an IP connection. With the gog.com download both games play on modern 64bit and 32bit comps. Cmon old timers lets game.

Ancient?!!!

Original Snes games are still infinitely more replay able than most modern games and the 8bit music has spawned longer lasting memories than say the Halo sound track. I'd like to think if I have kids one day they'd see the merit of these games..

Legend of Zelda

Metroid

Super Mario

Super Mario Kart

Donkey Kong

F Zero

I was a Nintendo kid.

Made the leap over to PC when the new...(at the time) 333 MHz processor came out and I could play Total Annililation, Diablo and Carmegeddon

I just nostalgia'd and lost :(

While it is 1999, it is still technically a 90's game. I love Persona 2 Innocent Sin/Eternal Punishment dual anthology. Those games had crazy stories that played somewhat upon the "apocalypse theories" from 1999, A kickass lead designer (Kazumi Kaneko) and an amazing soundtrack that had a lot of guitar tracks and some tracks featuring synthesis instruments. It was a really cool game for its time. I think the PSX emulations still float around. I will post links later.

A lot of good games came out in the late 90's that have had a profound impact on today's games:

Daggerfall (Elder Scrolls)

Command & Conquer (Real time strategy forerunner)

Starcraft (Again, real time strategy, but better)

Thief (the original, games like Splinter Cell series, stealth combat)

System Shock 2 (The Bioshock series and countless other 1st person RPGs)

Everquest (The first 1st person view MMO, spawning many others including WoW)

Anarchy Online (technically 2000 I believe, one of the first futuristic/space MMOS)

These are just a few I played , but I am sure there are many others people remember.

ANCIENT?!?!?!?!?! No..

I do love the 1990s games though that either spawned from Nintendo or Sony (didn't have a sega system so can't judge that one). Personally my favorite 90s games were Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong Country (I actually have all of these too) xD

ANCIENT?!?!?!?!?! No..

I do love the 1990s games though that either spawned from Nintendo or Sony (didn't have a sega system so can't judge that one). Personally my favorite 90s games were Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong Country (I actually have all of these too) xD

Legend of Zelda online... I wish lol

My list is as follows

Nintendo and Sega

Top Gun

Strider

Metroid

Red Alert

RushNattack

Contra 1-4

Streets of Rage 1-3

Double Dragon 1-3

Megaman

Altered Beast

Gauntlet

PC

Oregon Trail

Where in the world is carmen sandiago

Kings Quest 1-7

Myst

SPQR

7th Guest

7thguest 11th hour both now on steam is you like horror puzzle games

Diablo 1-3

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter aka the best game ever........no one can say otherwise

Well i did play alot of games back in the day i dont remember much of it though. All PS1 games as well.

Like the first Medal of honor.

Final Fantasy VII

Crash Bandicoot

Need for speed

the first Grand Theft Auto.

And alot of other games that i dont remember.

And on Sega. The first three Sonic games. And Altered Beast.

And i've never been a fan of nintendo so havent played any of their games.

Well i did play alot of games back in the day i dont remember much of it though. All PS1 games as well.

Like the first Medal of honor.

Final Fantasy VII

Crash Bandicoot

Need for speed

the first Grand Theft Auto.

And alot of other games that i dont remember.

And on Sega. The first three Sonic games. And Altered Beast.

And i've never been a fan of nintendo so havent played any of their games.

You grew up with inferior products ;)

Blue Hedgehog versus Fox from Space with metal legs in a intergalactic fighter jet. I wouldn't collect any rings I'd worry about protecting it;)

I fucking love ceaser 3. I still have the disc and play it from time to time.

This this this this. C3 was one of the greatest games from the 90s.

Edit: And I never played Zelda or any of the Final Fantasy franchise. I absolutely hate that game to no end.

Edited by Gilmore 1st MRB

I fucking love ceaser 3. I still have the disc and play it from time to time.

This this this this. C3 was one of the greatest games from the 90s.

Edit: And I never played Zelda or any of the Final Fantasy franchise. I absolutely hate that game to no end.

How can you hate a game that you haven't played?

Yeah, I remember all those space combat games, this on was awesome because you could play the Millennium Falcon )

I also loved all the Lucas Arts Games at this time, Jedi Knight, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces. Outlaws...

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

Yeah, I remember all those space combat games, this on was awesome because you could play the Millennium Falcon )

I also loved all the Lucas Arts Games at this time, Jedi Knight, Shadows of the Empire, Dark Forces. Outlaws...

Loved the one for N64 that was fantastic! Lucas Arts really needs to step it's game up again. Pun intended.

Loved the one for N64 that was fantastic! Lucas Arts really needs to step it's game up again. Pun intended.

Lusas arts is done. He is a sell out. Disney owns their asses. They went from great to shit. Speaking entirely of gaming of course. Remember how good thier N64 games were? Hell even ps2....Now who wants tro play some lords of the realm 2 online? LOL I know... Its ancient...but Cmon its FREE. It will work on modern comps! What else is there? PM me and the game is yours.

Edited by Downs 1st MRB

A lot of good games came out in the late 90's that have had a profound impact on today's games:

Anarchy Online (technically 2000 I believe, one of the first futuristic/space MMOS)

These are just a few I played , but I am sure there are many others people remember.

I spent many late nights/early mornings playing Everquest, while in highschool.

Some others I played in the 90's:

Ultima Online

Warcraft (the original)

Warcraft 2

Command & Conquer

Castles 1 and 2

Wolfenstein 3d

Duke Nukem

Quake

Starsiege: Tribes

Unreal Tournament

Half-Life 1

Team Fortress 1

Castles 1 and 2

All the Jedi Knight games

Theres a lot more I can't remember

Lusas arts is done. He is a sell out. Disney owns their asses. They went from great to shit. Speaking entirely of gaming of course. Remember how good thier N64 games were? Hell even ps2....Now who wants tro play some lords of the realm 2 online? LOL I know... Its ancient...but Cmon its FREE. It will work on modern comps! What else is there? PM me and the game is yours.

Shadows of the Empire was the shit!!

I spent many late nights/early mornings playing Everquest, while in highschool.

Some others I played in the 90's:

Ultima Online

Warcraft (the original)

Warcraft 2

Command & Conquer

Castles 1 and 2

Wolfenstein 3d

Duke Nukem

Quake

Starsiege: Tribes

Unreal Tournament

Half-Life 1

Team Fortress 1

Castles 1 and 2

All the Jedi Knight games

Theres a lot more I can't remember

A very commendable list, yet not many console games? NO ONE has yet to mention the greatest FPS of its era with GOLDENEYE. If you liked c&C you will like LORDS, let me give it to you. Im loosin my mind here. People seem to be afraid of free things. Oh how about pilot wings? I gotta say for the record, Duke Nukem 3d was epic, as well as Command and Conquer while Westwood made them

Edited by Downs 1st MRB

oh man, I spent so much time playing goldeneye with my buddies back then. It was the first FPS I can remember where you could get a group of people together and sit down to have some epic multiplayer gameplay. (Mind you, this was all done on 20" tube tv's with 4 way split screen... thats HARDCORE)

Edited by T. Little 1st MRB

Gonna ask what may be an odd question - but seeing as we have a lot of SNES love (I had every gaming system growing up, Nintendo, Sega, SNES, Playstation, etc.); I used to be a gaming NERD.. Big time.

There was a game for SNES that was insanely fun - called Uniracers (IIRC) - does anyone remember it? Turns out it only was sold during initial release (300k copies) then had to stop because Pixar sued the game due to the fact that their unicycle looked too much like some short video they made in 1987.

I played that game a lot. I loved it. Over the years I forgot about it.

Considering trying to revive it by making a port for mobile phones - curious if anyone remembers it.