2014 Hockey Playoffs

Gilmore 1st MRB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That disallowed goal changed everything and I completely agree with Ron Maclean's thoughts about regional referees.

There was an entire half-game to still play. If TB isn't strong enough to overcome that kind of event during a 1-1 game then the loss is 100% on TB to lose so much of their cool/composure/morale/mojo/whatever else you want to call it that they can't overcome that for 30+ mins more hockey. This is the playoffs. Weird crap happens all the time, unlucky bounces, lucky bounces, missed calls, bad calls. Of course if a team is consistently gifted with random crap (*cough* bruins *cough*) then there's just nothing you can do other than do your best and chalk it up as fate.

Of course, Montreal still had to win game 4. It's what you do you with then facing adversity. If it happened in OT or the last minute of a game either tied or 1 down, then there's next to no time to react. Tampa had no excuses.

This is the same thing in 2006 when Mtl was up 2-0 vs the Hurricanes. Koivu goes down and all of sudden they lose 4 straight. That's on the Habs. Yes I was angry at the seemingly cheap shot by Justin Williams but Montreal was still up in the game and up 2-0 in the series. That loss was entirely on Montreal for not working harder to compensate for Koivu's injury.

But I will agree that no regional refs should be used in the playoffs. And no refs from Toronto should ever be used in a game involving the Habs since any Habs loss will certainly be blamed on the refs as much as the haters think the Habs get away with preferential treatment by local refs. It's enough that the HNIC clowns are so Pro-Leafs and Anti-Habs, no need to make it any worse with refs.

There will be blood... indeed. Going to be an intense 7-game series.

Just in case, I'm going to cue this up now:

SwA9adL_medium.gif

Engle, I feel for you. But they have 2 more games to win. Kuemper will need to steal one of those two games.

I'm not offended by this post as a Bruins fan... I'm more pumped!!!!

True, but I wouldn't want my team associated with that wheel anyways, it kinda makes teams that do look like cry babies...

True story indeed! When I see so many Leafs fans posting online about why they Bolts lost to the Habs now it makes sense. They were using the wheel FOR TB fans instead of their own team so I guess they get the work-around.

Not that I think you'd ever post a comment as LeafsWinn4r1967 on TSN hehe

Of course, sometimes 3 words is worth more than a .gif as Gooderham so eloquently put it. :)

Regardless, will be an awesome bloody series (for whoever wins) and I guess I can count on those same fans to cheer against Montreal since they have the pick of the litter in terms of Canadian playoff teams. Hey, I'd big enough to say that I'd root the Leafs if they were the only Canadian team left.

But then they'd have to make the playoffs more often for that to happen.

As a total "holy fuck I feel shame" moment. Was at a pub quiz yesterday and I was playing with a table of non-sporties. The epic shame fail was when I couldn't get this math equation right:

Wayne Gretzky's Jersey Number - Mario Lemieux's Jersey Number - Patrick Roy's Jersey Number.

There was no excuse - other than the crappy Rickard's Red beer we had to drink.

Edited by Pandalsson 1st MRB

Daaaamn I love you Panda!

Edit : By the way Engle I gotta say that your Wild had a great win yesterday despite Stastny's incredibly nice goal coming out of the penalty box. Also, I think that Roy took a big chance by taking his goalie out so soon even if it worked earlier this year. That will give an interesting 7th match.

Edited by Arsenault 1st MRB

Spoken like a true Habi-taunts fan. All bark, no bite.

I love the fact that you accept that the Habs are cry babies, I LOVE IT because it's true! Watch out, the habs might not have Francis Charron to bail them out in this series, but let them spin that wheel anyways hahaha! Just so you don't think I'm bias towards any team in this series (because it'd be like trying to pick the lesser of two evils) here's a joke I found on hfboards made by a Sharks fan that had me rolling:

You know what the Habs and the Bruins have in common? They both go into hibernation when they fall to the ice. #EmbellishmentSeries

I don't disagree with that joke at all. I think we are bruisers and tend to come in and FSU but, loyal is what loyal gets. I can see where other teams don't like us based on our hit hard ask questions later streak. In fact this year I think there are teams that are incredibly fast and it will be extremely hard to beat them if we come up against them.

I don't disagree with that joke at all. I think we are bruisers and tend to come in and FSU but, loyal is what loyal gets. I can see where other teams don't like us based on our hit hard ask questions later streak. In fact this year I think there are teams that are incredibly fast and it will be extremely hard to beat them if we come up against them.

Cheap shots and dirty hits don't make a team a bunch of "bruisers."