FIFA WORLD CUP

Steiner

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a German, I will be donning my Germany kit, decking out my car and house with flags and shit and rooting for the Deutscher Fussball Bund.

DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES.

Oh, man....Marco Reus getting injured is a major blow for us. The toughest game is on Monday against Portugal. I really hope Loew has an appropriate plan in place for the game because Portugal has the deadliest counter-attack in the tournament in my opinion. They thrived off of it at the Euro.

Edited by Steiner

This year's world cup will be fun to watch because I don't think there's a true favorite, anyone can win it. It'd be nice to see Brazil win it on their own turf but they'll have to go through some pretty tough competition to do it. I doubt Spain will have the same success they did four years ago and the US team looks a little too young and inexperienced to do much against Germany and Portugal to get out of the group stages.

John Oliver's bang-on take of FIFA is exactly the reason I hate it and yet still watch it.

As a German, I will be donning my Germany kit, decking out my car and house with flags and shit and rooting for the Deutscher Fussball Bund.

DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES.

Oh, man....Marco Reus getting injured is a major blow for us. The toughest game is on Monday against Portugal. I really hope Loew has an appropriate plan in place for the game because Portugal has the deadliest counter-attack in the tournament in my opinion. They thrived off of it at the Euro.

I was in a German Pub in London when Reus went down and I swear you could see tears in people's eyes as the realization that he would miss the World Cup came to their heads. Luckily we have a plethora of players that can assume the left position like Podolski, Schurrle and Draxler to name a few.

With the leadership of Lahm and Schweinsteiger, and the guidance of Low combined with the striking power of Ozil, Gotze and Klose, and the stopping abilities of Neuer, we are definitely strong contenders this year. I look forward to seeing them clash with equally strong teams.

Incredible game, the Dutch were definitely looking for revenge after the 2010 World Cup defeat. Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben's goals were fantastic, including this one so cleverly referred to as the Flying Dutchman.

AbL0vNv.gif

Will be interesting to see which two teams will progress.

Edited by Konig 1st MRB

Incredible game, the Dutch were definitely looking for revenge after the 2010 World Cup defeat. Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben's goals were fantastic, including this one so cleverly referred to as the Flying Dutchman.

AbL0vNv.gif

Will be interesting to see which two teams will progress.

Wow, thats amazing!

Wow, Spain's system is having problems. They will bring back the False 9 in their next match so expect them to rebound. As for The Netherlands, I guess Van Der Vaart not playing is the best thing that happened to them.

Edited by Steiner

Mueller kicked some Ronaldo butt today! Germany yerrrr

I still wasn't very content with our performance. The scoreline is fooling alot of people. We got lucky that the reff was barraging Portugal with soft calls. I feel for their fans a bit. When that happens to you in game, you self destruct. That's what happened to Portugal. They held up against us pretty well with 10 men, possession was pretty even and they outshot us by one. They will come out guns blazing against the US. I still expect them to make it through.

Mueller kicked some Ronaldo butt today! Germany yerrrr

I still wasn't very content with our performance. The scoreline is fooling alot of people. We got lucky that the reff was barraging Portugal with soft calls. I feel for their fans a bit. When that happens to you in game, you self destruct. That's what happened to Portugal. They held up against us pretty well with 10 men, possession was pretty even and they outshot us by one. They will come out guns blazing against the US. I still expect them to make it through.

I wholeheartedly agree. However, I would like to give a little more credit to the German team. I feel that we perform better under pressure and the fact that we seemed to have all the time and all the space in the world following Pepe being sent off was a bit overwhelming. We also need to work a little on our finishing. Gotze missed a few good opportunities but that's expected of a young player.

The possibility of Hummels being out with an injury will hopefully put Lahm back in his right-back position and leave a spot for Schweinsteiger in the middle. With those two leading, I fear we would be unstoppable. Still, it gave me great pleasure to see Ronaldo so distraught after what Real Madrid did to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

Ikj3i30.gif

Ronaldo hitting a one-man wall