Gaming Memories: SWG

Candy 1st MRB

Day 6:

Was a pretty long Saturday. Got up in the morning and started focusing on the Pistoleer again. I saw 2ndLt. Kirkendall on vent and hopped down to talk. We had a good chat about our experiences in the game back in the day and he got up and running. He made a brawler and started to become familiar with the game again by knocking some heads. We did our own thing for awhile and eventually Grenoble got on the game. I had to take a break for a little RL, but when I came back later that night they had been playing awhile a having a lot of fun. Smithers popped in for a sec and told us about the 7 foot Wookiee brawler he made with a bigass axe and how he was going to F*&k shit up. Later in the evening WO. Griswold joined the merry band and made a doctor/carbineer (Grenoble talked him into it, heh) We went out and did missions, it was a blast. We told Gris to hang back but inevitably he would get a mob on him and get incapacitated. The best one was the time we were all focusing on the mission objective and out of nowhere Gris runs by with a couple of mobs on him and I turned just in time to see him get incapacitated again. Sorry Gris, but it was funny as hell! Stick to healing brother. Till next time.

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

Day 7:

Started off the day by making my Artisan character. Artisans in SWG can make anything from furniture, weapons, clothing, vehicles or housing. They also can survey land and gind the best place to put harvester down. This in turns provides energy for their machines and the raw resources to craft their products. If you want to produce on a mass, automated scale you can set up a factory and when the factory run is finished make your own automated vendors in player made shops. It is truly a unique economy that is booming on the server. My new toon, aptly names "Dreem May'ker" set up a house on Naboo and began to move things into it to prepare for his new career. Afterwards I finished out my last block of Pistol in the Marksman tree and started up the more specialized Pistoleer tree. I got a sweet Featherweight FWG5 pistol from a weapons vendor that Grenoble told me about and off to missions to make some cash. It was another awesome day in the Star Wars Universe.

Day 8:

I had a pretty busy day doing other RL stuff but eventually got on in the evening. I got on the Pistoleer and tried some unique missions. A normal mission will get me about 3-4k credits solo but I joined a group in the Cantina in Theed, got my entertainer buffs and stayed in the group. I went over to the Med Center and got my Doc buffs then when I went to the mission Terminal the mission rewards were in the 10k - 14k range. That was more like it, so I grabbed a few and was off. I didnt realize how hard they would be however, I spent the next hour or so kiting fambaa's around and eventually taking them out one by one(they are the big dinosaur looking animals the Gungan's used in Episode One to carry their shield generators.) My character is pretty short, so the sheer height of these huge ass creatures compared to me was kind of humorous. I finished out the two missions and the count was 16 fambaas down, 6 incapacitations and 29k in the bank. I got one later with Grenoble and we tried a few and I got half the money but it is always more fun with a buddy. We also found a good place to but weapons near the Theed waterfall. I picked up a few more pieces of composite armor to up my stats a bit. Another fun day playing the game.

Days 9 & 10

The past two days have kind of blurred with other Unit responsibilities I have had. I focused on my crafter, Dreem May'kerr and getting to the Armorsmith stage of crafting. First I had to work on surveying. In SWG you can start from scratch as a crafter and build your way all the way up to master. I used my mineral and chemical survey devices to find the best concentrations of the minerals that I need and kicked in my sampling macro and let it go over night. When I checked it in the morning I had plenty of minerals and experience to do what I needed in crafting. I trained at the trainer to finish out my surveying tree, so now I can sample even more minerals and collect them and I can find higher concentrations of minerals when I survey. I proceeded to begin crafting and little by little I finished my general crafting experience tree. I now can begin crafting armor and when my pistoleer levels up his smuggler tree he can slice the armor and give it much better stats. On the Grenoble front, he has been doing mass amounts of missions to grind out enough money to buy his 'dream" carbine, he said it was like 740000 credits or something...heh thats a crap load of money for one weapon, hope its worth it. Till next time.