2010 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants

Kabasares

hv2hLDxS.jpg

Being a die-hard Giants fan living in San Francisco, I cannot truly express how happy this city and myself are feeling right now. I just came back from celebrating downtown, and I've never experienced something like this. Celebrating with a bunch of strangers whom I've never met before, but nonetheless felt the same joyous feeling. Getting texts from friends, going on facebook, turning on the TV, hell just looking outside my window is getting me the same results: people going insane I've never had the chance to feel so great, since my bay area teams have never won something so great in my lifetime. The Golden State Warriors haven't won the NBA Finals since 1975, the San Francisco 49ers haven't won the Superbowl since 1994, the year I was born, the San Jose Sharks have never won the Stanley Cup, and the last time the Giants were in the World Series back in 2002, it ultimately lead to heartbreak with a crushing 6-5 loss in Game 6 after being up 5-0 in the 7th inning, which would subsequently lead to our defeat in Game 7, 4-1. But now, after so much waiting, I can finally say it: The San Francisco Giants are World Series Champions. The city of San Francisco will sleep well tonight, as will I.

I gotta give my congrats to the Texas Rangers, who played extremely well to get to the World Series. Beating the Rays in 5 games in the ALDS, and the Yankees in 6 games in the ALCS. There's no doubt that this team had talent, and they were worthy opponents in this World Series. Filled with a great pitching rotation, and overpowering offense, there's no doubt in my mind that these guys were a force to be reckoned with.