DoD crashes on startup

Benson

Question

Trying to set up DoD on another comp but the game crashes after the "Powered by Source" screen. It's the 2nd screen on startup of DoD and it just exits the game automatically. It's not the user account as it works on my other comp. I'm guessing windows settings just need a few tweaks? Anyways I'm running xp professional and no rush as I have a working comp for this. The game has also worked on this comp in the past problem free.

Edited by Benson 1st MRB

3 answers to this question

If you launch the game from a desktop icon, right click on it and go to properties. At the end of the command line thingy that ends \Steam.exe", add -novid so it will look something like:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -novid

If you launch it from the steam icon in the lower right, go to library to where you see Day of Defeat: Source. Right click on it and select "Properties" Click on Set Launch Options. Add -novid to the options.

What this will do is bypass the opening video and take you right to the Day of Defeat Source screen.

What happens if you launch a different Valve game like Portal or Half Life 2?

Thanks for the help Dillon. It's an old computer / shit graphics card issue (integrated card on laptop 2004). Can launch old half-life and cstrike but HL2 and DoDsource dont go. Memory recalls it was old dods I used to play on that comp so no worries, thanks for the help and that novid command is awesome.