It's coming soon!!

Ford 1st MRB

Its actually dod_anzio_extended, but I think officially i'll name it dod_anzio_dusk, since its set closer to sundown. Lots of sniper locations, different paths through the center of the map, the middle flag is now a two man cap with two new entry points.

About two or three weeks of tweaking left and it will be ready for beta testers.

Its actually dod_anzio_extended, but I think officially i'll name it dod_anzio_dusk, since its set closer to sundown. Lots of sniper locations, different paths through the center of the map, the middle flag is now a two man cap with two new entry points.

About two or three weeks of tweaking left and it will be ready for beta testers.

MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

Holy shit, this is going to be awesome.

A couple more pics to give you an idea of the setting of the map.

eea2a5b5.jpg

3ff26ba8.jpg

A few spoiler pics:

New Allied Sniper window overlooking Bridge/Courtyard area

f9dc31c8.jpg

New axis Sniper window, giving better view of bridge as well as new allied sniper window.

d81910a1.jpg

Axis side of new allied sniper loft, in case they have control of bridge.

e65c5a13.jpg

Ahh screw it, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rgjc9hjxbv8uhhv

What I need from those of you who choose to download it and test it for me is the following:

Are there any places you get stuck?

Are there any imbalances that need to be addressed?

Are there any places that are too dark?

Are there any areas you see that would be good to open up?

Is there anything that is opened up that you think shouldn't have been?

Any other general criticism is welcome. That's why you guys are here, to make the map great before it is finished.

I don't need to hear how awesome I am. I'm Ford, I already know how awesome I am.

I need to hear criticism.

I also know there is not a mini-map, that will come with the finalized version.

If there are any textures or models that appear as purple/black checkered, they will not appear that way in the finalized version. I did not add any custom content to this version of the map so there will be a few.

Honestly i love it how it is, the skybox for some reason is glitched and i see every movement in the sky its not normal. and these are my suggestions do of them as you like

i couldnt find anywhere that i could get stuck for now but ill keep going at it for bugs and glitches leaks, all of that stuff.

for this picture the floor of the building shows up as black and purple so idk if its my side or a map error

post-1382-1303601148_thumb.jpg

ths is what i mean by the skybox screwing up for me

post-1382-1303601206_thumb.jpg

maybe open up the door to the right that is blocked by a fence, if it can be made as a usefull sniper spot, this is the building to the left of axis 1st flag

post-1382-1303601259_thumb.jpg

ive got an error i cant see the plane above the church

post-1382-1303601338_thumb.jpg

mabey make a small store front like on the road to axis second flag on donner, next to the sniper house

post-1382-1303601384_thumb.jpg

open up the door for ease of acces mabey?

post-1382-1303601477_thumb.jpg

this is the sniper window overlooking bridge allied side i get errors and material errors

post-1382-1303601519_thumb.jpg

make a small building with one oen window?

post-1382-1303601574_thumb.jpg

and the last one for now would be

post-1382-1303601626_thumb.jpg

make the 2nd roof accesible mabey

post-1382-1303601654_thumb.jpg

Honestly i love it how it is, the skybox for some reason is glitched and i see every movement in the sky its not normal. and these are my suggestions do of them as you like

i couldnt find anywhere that i could get stuck for now but ill keep going at it for bugs and glitches leaks, all of that stuff.

for this picture the floor of the building shows up as black and purple so idk if its my side or a map error

post-1382-1303601148_thumb.jpg

ive got an error i cant see the plane above the church

post-1382-1303601338_thumb.jpg

ths is what i mean by the skybox screwing up for me

post-1382-1303601206_thumb.jpg

this is the sniper window overlooking bridge allied side i get errors and material errors

post-1382-1303601519_thumb.jpg

If there are any textures or models that appear as purple/black checkered, they will not appear that way in the finalized version. I did not add any custom content to this version of the map so there will be a few.

I knew some of the custom content would appear that way in this version. I didn't embed any custom models (plane, railing in the top of the sniper house.) or textures ( purple/black things you see) in with the map. I just wanted to get a feel for how the map was playing out as a whole and to see if there were any glitches as far as getting stuck in the new areas. Also the skybox is a custom texture so it will appear that way until I add it in to the map.

maybe open up the door to the right that is blocked by a fence, if it can be made as a usefull sniper spot, this is the building to the left of axis 1st flag

post-1382-1303601259_thumb.jpg

The problem with that is the building it attatches to is lower on the bridge side than it is on the axis first flag side, if you get my drift.

mabey make a small store front like on the road to axis second flag on donner, next to the sniper house

post-1382-1303601384_thumb.jpg

Not a bad idea!

open up the door for ease of acces mabey?

post-1382-1303601477_thumb.jpg

I felt as though there were already too many ways to get to that flag for axis and since I have always thought this map was axis biased, I didn't open it up, although the thought did cross my mind :)

make a small building with one oen window?

post-1382-1303601574_thumb.jpg

Will do!

and the last one for now would be

post-1382-1303601626_thumb.jpg

make the 2nd roof accesible mabey

post-1382-1303601654_thumb.jpg

Can't do that. I mean, I can, but then it runs into the skybox and the top of that roof overlooks the middle flag, so it would be a campers paradise.

Thanks for the quick input Cayen! I'll definitely make a few adjustments based on your feedback. I'm still hoping to hear from a few more people before I do anything too drastic.