Does anyone play Pokemon GO? (I don't)

Parker 1st MRB

Pokemon GO  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play Pokemon GO

• Yes
    • No

I don't but I'm just wondering how many people are actually addicted to this game. It's not available in Canada but you can easily get around that by signing into your app store with your location set to US, and so I noticed a lot of people in the city just sitting together with their heads buried in their phones. I find it remarkable that this game turns everyone into zombies lmao. 

I play this game quite a  bit with my wife actually. It's nice due to there only being the original 150 Pokémon  so far so we actually know what we are looking for, which ones are worth training and which are not. Thing that I actually appreciate about it is I now walk a minimum of 3.5 miles a day (5Km) so as to hatch M04R Pokémon.

100% agree with you there Gilmore. This app won't be all that gets me in shape again but it is the fist step in getting myself back to a regualar amount of physical activity and out away from my desk itself more often. And the 24 hour fitness down the street from me has a stop within range of the treadmills; so I've been throwing down lures and jogging an hour a day now too, doesn't help me to hatch anything in game since it tracks if you are actually moving or not, but is still fun to catch Pokémon while I'm getting my cardio back under control lol

And Moffat you are correct; the game is much better out in the woods or in parks than it is in the city itself. My wife and I find way better and more varieties of stuff to catch when we go out into the woods with the app then say just walking around down town

Edited by Marsden 1st MRB

My coworker got a screenshot of our working conditions:

13680352_10205314966868713_3304063353210

There's usually a group of people sitting outside the front of our building on their phones.  Plus, I think the students in the computer lab below our office keep us triple lured nearly all day.  Our night shift worker says they sit outside and re-buff the poke-stops until nearly 11pm.

It's a neat game, I like to play when I walk my dog, and having triple stops at work is just too good to pass up when it's slow.  I won't be quitting my job and playing this game full time, or walking into busy intersections like some people...

• Upvote 1

I play it with my wife and son.  It's kind of fun to be out and walking around from place to place.  And it's a game that my wife is actually into, which is a novelty in itself.  We are also using an app called ResQWalk, that tracks the mileage you walk, and sends corporate donations to a rescue shelter of your choosing.  We're walking for Black Pine Animal Sanctuary here in Indiana.  They take in retired entertainment animals and unwanted exotic pets.  They have a 16 year old chimp, a few lion, several tigers, some bears, and lots of other critters.  Anyways, food for thought.  Also, I want to start taking a trash bag, and some grabbers, and start cleaning up litter while we walk as well.  Trying to teach my son to put more reality in his augmented reality, and do some good for the community.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I saw someone walk into the sea, fully clothed, because of this game today. My nieces pointed and asked what the hell this person was doing. I was elated that they agreed it was stupid but sad that I had to explain what Pokemon is/are, especially as their generation endured such shit as moshi monsters.