So just bought a new Vid Card

Marsden 1st MRB

Question

Anyone had this model card before and if so what problems did you have with it if any, and what would you say its limitations are? Just want to know so that way i don't push it too far as it has been so long since i had a decent card that i'm not even sure what the different models are capable of anymore lol.

7 answers to this question

These cards are on the low end of performance and quality. They sound nice because they advertise the same numbers as their big brothers but are not the same at all. You get what you pay for and these cards are cheap so they will not play any of the decent games well. I had an 8400 that I borrowed while mine was being RMAd and it could barely produce 30fps in DOD:S even at the lowest settings and resolutions. I would steer clear and spend the extra money to get a better card.

Then you probably made a good, inexpensive upgrade in quality. That isn't to say it will ever be a screamer. If you can hold out a bit more and find something eventually in the AMD/ATI 5770 or Nvidia 9800 level, you can make another good upgrade. These cards are in the $50-$100 range and the nvidia part may require a bigger power supply.