Question to the Unit.

Thomas2

So what do you guys think of "Dip" I've been doing for a couple of weeks now getting hooked about a dip a day. and seeing what your guys opinions are on it. i mean Yes i know ALL the downsides to it. but it relaxes me. so what do you think? should i stop? or should i continue knowing the health risks? because I'm hooked to some of my favorites which are:

Skoal WinterGreen

Skoal Vanilla

Skoal Mint

Copenhagen Black.

Please give me your input on this.

(Note: I do brush my teeth/Floss/use Flurine wash to clean my teeth regularly so it's not like my teeth look disgusting)

Edited by D. Thomas 1st MRB

well seeings that im a dipper myself, the only thing i can really say is, if you want to continue with it then do it, if you dont then dont, just keep in mind use youre tounge to feel youre lower lip every once and awhile to see if youre lip is turning into leather if it is, then stop eneditly, thats a bad sign, wait for it to go away then you can start again, thats what i do, and make sure you dont spit in youre drinking bottle, ive puked and was not purty

by the way, coopinhagen long cut is better, want to be a man get kodiak

What?

chewing tobacco cast

Thanks bickford. But with all this stress going on. I seem to need it but i want to keep it to a thing like half a can a week. Not like some of my friends who are doing ONE CAN a day, everyday.

And yes i agree Kodiak is manlier but I'm still a softy. But i do enjoy it. I've done it in school which no one cares about except the teachers who if they see it they take it away from you send you to the office then the principal opens the can throws it away right infront of you which FUCKING SUCKS!, Luckily I've never been caught yet. lol

So what are some of your favs man?

That is so 1900, don't you guys know you can smoke them? Geez nasty habit

yeah but it works for the places you can't smoke in, thats why i do it, the only place i cant do it is at work...gay... but mainly started to do it because when i was in the army i was flying around the country a lot and couldnt smoke on the plane

I dip as well. Copenhagen black is best if you pre-treat it with a bottle of Crown Royal. I've known guys who have managed to get a whole bottle into one tin by doing it day by day and letting it soak up. Killer buzz packing a pinch of that in your lip and sending it straight to the bloodstream. I usually stick to the welfare bear, Grizzly Straight or Wintergreen, long cut. Cheap and strong. I look at dipping this way; I need my lungs to survive, but I don't need my teeth or jaw, married anyways so I'm not trying to pull any tail regardless.

And I started for the sole fact that being in a M1A1 Abrams drivers hole for 18+ hours without even so much as opening the hatch for fresh air and pissing in water bottles you couldn't really smoke either, unless your Tank Commander designated it a "Smoking" tank and was cool with people smoking in it. That being said, there were definitely some times when I would just drop a periscope out of the drivers hatch to ventilate it and spark a smoke up anyways regardless of what the TC said.

TC through the CVC helmet: "Do you guys smell that?"

Crew: "Smell what?"

TC: "Smells like smoke. Dags are you smoking?"

Me as I'm tossing the cigarette out of the tank and fanning the air: "Nope."

Edited by S. Richards 1st MRB

No dip for me thanks... Not sure I trust a product where they intentionally add fiberglass shards for the purpose of cutting your lip. But hey, do what makes you happy, I've never tried it so who am I to judge?

Yeah i know they added it in their so it will cut the lip and get the nicotine straight to the bloodstream. But you know i could stop if i really tried because im not hooked on it yet. (key word yet) but you know it does relief stress a lot.

But you know i could stop if i really tried because im not hooked on it yet. (key word yet) but you know it does relief stress a lot.

I'm pretty sure you that's a quote straight from the addict handbook.

No one likes to hear this and fewer people even listen to it but you should really find something else to relieve your stress. Exercise is (mostly) free and gives you more energy. And you'll feel better about yourself too, especially if there's some kind of race coming up that you can work towards.

Financially, a can of dip a week is ~$5? So that's $260 a year. That's a lot of beer money!

I smoked for about four years, quitting was a real bitch. There's never a good time to stop, and there's never a good reason to start.

Edited by Gillock 1st MRB

So this is my addiction, it's what we call "Snus" in Scandinavia. HUGE in Sweden and Norway.

It's very similar to the traditional chewing tobacco, but the kind I use (wrapped in little white bags)

don't fuck your teeth up as much. I do believe this is a better alternative to traditional chewing tobacco,

can you get this where you guys live?

IMG_2121.jpg

So this is my addiction, it's what we call "Snus" in Scandinavia. HUGE in Sweden and Norway.

It's very similar to the traditional chewing tobacco, but the kind I use (wrapped in little white bags)

don't fuck your teeth up as much. I do believe this is a better alternative to traditional chewing tobacco,

IMG_2121.jpg

holly shit...

IMG_2121.jpg

That actually looks pretty interesting... :D I don't think we have it here in America though

I'm pretty sure you that's a quote straight from the addict handbook.

No one likes to hear this and fewer people even listen to it but you should really find something else to relieve your stress. Exercise is (mostly) free and gives you more energy. And you'll feel better about yourself too, especially if there's some kind of race coming up that you can work towards.

Financially, a can of dip a week is ~$5? So that's $260 a year. That's a lot of beer money!

I smoked for about four years, quitting was a real bitch. There's never a good time to stop, and there's never a good reason to start.

True that may be but with all this stress that has been going on in my life right now is what makes me do it. like 4 weeks ago i literally woke up WANTING Dip and i use to do it before hand but i stopped long ago because i was getting to a whole can a day so i stopped cold turkey. But as i said earlier i literally woke up one morning wanting Dip and i have no idea why but i did and when i got some dip i was very much relaxed. but i plan on doing NO more than half a can every TWO weeks.

IMG_2121.jpg

hahaha pouches, weak son lol