Non Custom maps

I heard from a few pubbers that they are not able to download our custom maps while playing DoD. I know they can come to our website and download them. I was just wondering what is a good program that can download Rar files without doing to much damage to my computer. Thanks!

I'm confused by the topic, the title says Non custom maps. The content says people can't download custom maps on our servers and that you want a good rar program? Can you elaborate so I can better answer what questions you have.

Also, if people can't download custom maps let me know asap and let me know which ones.

I'm confused by the topic, the title says Non custom maps. The content says people can't download custom maps on our servers and that you want a good rar program? Can you elaborate so I can better answer what questions you have.

Also, if people can't download custom maps let me know asap and let me know which ones.

Hahah fail on my part, I was tired. We played aura last night. One pubber named LT. dyke said he couldn't download the custom map. It could have been same for Kalt 1945. I had the intention that we could download the maps off the site, but now in thinking I'm wrong haha. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know if he was the only one. The server was maybe at 20 people when we first changed, but it did get full. This was on Kalt 1945. As for Aura being full or not I don't recall.

So with downloading the maps, do they need some sort of program for it? Cuz when I play donner extended I don't have a mini map, so I will need to do some downloading.

So with downloading the maps, do they need some sort of program for it? Cuz when I play donner extended I don't have a mini map, so I will need to do some downloading.

You don't need a program for downloading maps from the server. If you are downloading maps from FPSbanana then you will probably need an un-zipping program (WinZip works pretty well). We've always had problems with the donner extended mini-map, it should be downloaded automatically when you load from our server. If you are still having trouble, go here and scroll down to Englebretson's post for the download and the step-by-step.

• 1 month later...

Thats funny because whenever I download a map off the forum it gives me a no BZP error, but that only happens if I download the file individually. The only time you would need a .rar program would be for the map packs, skin packs so on and so forth otherwise you should simply be able to draga and drop it on into your folder. the .rar program i use is .rarFROG and it works rather well and I have not noticed any adverse affects to my computer/laptop that it is installed to (well my comps motherboard bit the dust but that was becasue it was a lemon and was taking a shit before i downloaded the .rar client).

the other good program I know of that I haven't heard of having problems is WinRar.