Unban Request :: mEp

Name: mEp

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:11847264

Date & Time of ban: April 26, 2012 about 1a.m. CST

Admin who banned you: Not certain.

Excuse for the Unban: Well, I don't really know how to answer this question properly. I don't know why I was banned other than the dialog box reason of "exploits". That said I do not know what to defend against. My roommate was also in the server and said shortly after I was banned someone mentioned that my cross hair was "shrinking"...? I don't know how relevant that is/what that is referring to since all cross hairs shrink in the game except the scoped in snipers. I don't know how much it is worth, but I do play competition on this game and I only mention that because they require us to take screenshots every round, record demos of ourselves playing, and install multiple anti cheat systems on top of all servers being VAC secured. If I really did exploit beyond manually changing some of my graphics, they would certainly know.

Beyond that I use the 1st RB server to help my roommate out who is less than a month old in DoD:S. You all have a good server spec wise for us and cool folk about (on top of it usually being populated) so I would like to be unbanned so we can continue using it.

I assume a demo does exist since the administrators would want evidence of the suspected player. I would like to review the demo myself/speak to whomever does review it so it is not simply bickering us in the forums bickering over what actually was happening and why. If no demo does exist, may I be unbanned and at least demoed playing so I may defend myself beyond spewing empty words in the forums (and due to lack of physical evidence)?

Based on reading some of the limited other unban requests it does appear that every decision is absolute, but I would like there to be at least some concession that perhaps I am a legitimate and possibly more experienced player.

Thanks,

~mEp

Good morning Captain,

I administered the ban last night. I was watching mEP play and recorded nearly 20 minutes of footage during dod_colmar and another few minutes of footage on dod_donner. This player was making very suspicious shots on both maps, and seemingly new exactly where people were on dod_donner. I made a decision to ban after watching this player kill half a dozen people (with the majority of them being no scopes on moving targets). With regard to the longer recording I made, I noticed that his style of play would intermittantly improve or decrease depending on whether I was in spec (as well, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until I adduced more evidence). I do have both the files, however, I am not sure how to get them to you for inspection as I do not have a mediafire account (I would be happy to email them to you directly).

-SSgt. D. Asmaro [1st MRB]

Thank you for recording a demo Asmaro. I sincerly mean that without sarcasm as many times public administrators will not and simply ban without evidence.

I really would like to review that demo myself so I may better explain what and how things happened.

In regards to my being able to noscope people...

Yes, I made my first kill on Conner with the Snringfield as a no scope on a moving target. That target was less than ten feet in front of me. I do not find that at all impressive except maybe in regard to reflex. That is the only no scope I remember making (again which is why I would like to see the demo to be sure). I think I got into a close firefight with another player near the overturned cart on Donner (near the entrance to the field on axis side) and may have no scoped him as well (though I don't believe I did, just stating I may have). Other than that I do no recall any other noscopes. There were none possible on Colmar as I was using a Browning the entire time.

In regards to knowing where people are...

My first kill was an ambush against me. The demo should prove this. Prior to that kill I was mainly looking toward the tree alley where Niblet was (I was in the ruins), not into the tank house where the guy was. After, I followed someone into the connector and retreated (the connector is no place for snipers...) having lost them. I went where most snipers would - the main street. It is not hard to anticipate where people will appear when you have a clear view of their spawn exit. Similarly the main street is the main form of transport for both teams and converges to the second axis spawn exit so every single axis MUST pass that point to advance unless they go through the bench alley (behind axis sniper house). The only kill I feel should be in question is the head shot I made against a player who was hiding near the tree behind the bunker of tank house. For this kill, if you look at the demo, you can clearly see his head and black helmet against the backing of the white house. I crouched behind the cart as I reloaded to provide cover for myself against him and then I gracefully destroyed him.

In regards to doing better depending on Asmaro's position in spectate or in game...

I do not know how much of the Colmar sequence I reference here was recorded. I also don't know how to adequately address this since every player has good and bad runs at times. This is unquestionably true. Firstly, once you suspect a player of hacking and go into spectate and they seem to do poorly, doesn't that look suspicious since you already suspect the player of hacking? Especially when you are a registered member of the clan and any registered member of the clan is potentially an administrator to public players. I am willing to concede that I did suspect Asmaro of spectating me, but I am not about to alter my game play to appease someone who is looking to falsely accuse me. Why? For the reason detailed above. If I start to do bad it only looks suspicious...and yet still, here we are...

I believe the main case Asmaro is referring to is when I ended three players in the allied sniper house alone in a period of maybe 6 seconds. Each one is in a different position and vantage point against me. I killed Koz as he was running perpendicular to my vantage point, then I killed someone laying on top of that really awesome spot of the bed frame (on the stairs to the top of allied sniper house), then I killed Asmaro as he was shooting at my back from the top of the middle section of the stairs in the same location. I can't explain this except that the second player on top of that bed frame and Asmaro each had the advantage on me and missed. They clearly shot at me first and missed. If they miss, then they miss. I don't see how I could possibly be implicated in misconduct there. Just an aside, the hit box is not actually on the player model. It actually lags behind the model by .1 seconds by default so aiming at the model usually isn't the best place unless they are perfectly still.

Lastly, in general I play with the volume relatively high. This allows me to hear the footsteps of players as well as the material they are walking over. This is extremely valuable to my game play. As a realism unit I am sure you all can appreciate this. Aside from that I do have quite a bit of experience and from this I know how to move up (generally), but more importantly I know when to move up (generally). Look at those demos. Many times I am crouched waiting for players looking where they are most likely to appear. Not through the wall where they are like an incompetent pre-teen wire framer. Furthermore, I am sure if you turn your volume up you will be able to hear sounds of other players. All that you then have to do is glance at the mini-map to see if it is friend or foe. Simple.

I apologize for the long winded response but now that I know what I am expected to defend against I am not going to miss that opportunity. I take being banned fairly seriously almost exclusively because for me it is the game equivalent to being called a liar in real life when in reality you are telling the truth.

Thanks,

~mEp

No need to apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you Kirkendall.

Thank you again to Asmaro for recording a demo - I sincerely appreciate that.

If anyone has any questions about how am I am able to do anything at all in the server from a kill to how I knew someone was there please just ask. I should have no problem explaining.

See you in game,

~mEp