League of Legends

Crackers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won 8 of 10 ranked games in the new season and got bronze 4. I don't understand, why i got so low. I had to carry the team twice hard and still i got a sh*tty rank... I am pretty upset. Does anyone know how the ranking works?

If i'm not mistaken it is also based off of your rank from last season.

At least you didn't do what I did. I did my very first ever set of Provisional a month before S4 ended...I got 6 out of 10 matches that had to be thrown due to Trolls who decided it was a better idea to f*ck people over and just feed or not cooperate at all. So I got Bronze III . Same thing happened to me this season. First 4 matches Same crap. Got Bronze V now....

The path to gold is a hard one indeed

Edited by LaGesse 1st MRB

Well placement matches are based on your hidden MMR/ELO. The way it works is you take your final MMR score from last season and add 1200 to it and divide by 2, this is your new MMR. You play 10 placement matches with your new MMR. Your MMR goes up and down AFTER each game and you play your next game around that MMR. The first matches have a bigger impact on the MMR change so this means that going 2 losses into 8 wins might give you a lower/equal MMR to someone going 7 wins into 3 losses. After your 10 matches you get your MMR and get placed accordingly to it. You are normally placed 1 (maybe 2) divisions under your new MMR so your MMR is high compared to your division. With the max division being Plat I. You are usually placed lower than your MMR so that it is easier to climb out of because you gain more LP per win. The higher your MMR is, the more LP per win you'll get and you can raise your MMR by winning more games than you lose.

I hope that wasn't too complicated to understand, if you want to know more just ask me :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.