Oh Toronto.... you tricky devil you!

Goodwin 1st MRB

I have arrived!

My Tom Tom drove me in circles not once, but twice. I think Canada has it all confused. That and trying to remember to 100km/h instead of 100mph is tricky. Ha!

Anyone got any great food places to eat?

Sites to see?

Let me know. Friday is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open as the woman and I have ZERO plans for Friday and Sunday (although Sunday will probably be spent at Niagra falls area!)

You like beer right? Go to a restaurant called the Beer Bistro, you'll enjoy it. They have a beer cellar with over I think 1000 types of beer and everything on the menu is made with beer. The food and atmosphere is great there. It's at the corner of Yonge St. and King St. If you want the best burger ever made, then you need to go to Apache Burger located just outside the downtown area, but the trip is definitely worth it. There's the Real Sports Bar which is the largest sports bar in the world with over 200 HD TVs all over the walls and in the booths. It has an indoor golf simulator and draft beer dispensers installed in the VIP tables. Check those suggestions out for some great food.

Sites - go for a walk in the distillery district, that's where all the celebs go when they're in town. Also, if it's a nice day and you want to have fun with the kids go down to the lake and take a ferry to Centre Island. They have a small amusement park for the kids and a really nice walk for the adults. If you don't want to do that, you can head down to Queensquay by the lake and just walk around there. I would suggest going to the CN Tower if you've never been, it's really fun for both the kids and parents and it'll be something you'll never forget.

I gave you my number so gimme a ring tomorrow and maybe we can meet up.

You're actually in town during Luminato, it's an arts festival thingy.

http://www.luminato.com/

I would disagree about the best burger in the city, personally I would send you to Burgershoppe on Ossington. Their Queen street locations aren't as good anymore. Other places I like to eat are House on Parliament for up scale pub food, Terroni for Italian (though there's usually a wait, the place is always packed), The Marché at Yonge and Front is good for a meal, it's in the same building as the hockey hall of fame if that's your sort of thing.

You like beer right? Go to a restaurant called the Beer Bistro, you'll enjoy it. They have a beer cellar with over I think 1000 types of beer and everything on the menu is made with beer. The food and atmosphere is great there. It's at the corner of Yonge St. and King St. If you want the best burger ever made, then you need to go to Apache Burger located just outside the downtown area, but the trip is definitely worth it. There's the Real Sports Bar which is the largest sports bar in the world with over 200 HD TVs all over the walls and in the booths. It has an indoor golf simulator and draft beer dispensers installed in the VIP tables. Check those suggestions out for some great food.

Sites - go for a walk in the distillery district, that's where all the celebs go when they're in town. Also, if it's a nice day and you want to have fun with the kids go down to the lake and take a ferry to Centre Island. They have a small amusement park for the kids and a really nice walk for the adults. If you don't want to do that, you can head down to Queensquay by the lake and just walk around there. I would suggest going to the CN Tower if you've never been, it's really fun for both the kids and parents and it'll be something you'll never forget.

I gave you my number so gimme a ring tomorrow and maybe we can meet up.

......1,000 types of beer?? I'll never leave! No need to call, you know where you can find me now :-D

Thank you for the suggestions! Our days just got more full.

Lafy I didn't know about Luminato but my Fiancee is an art teacher so it works out to be great timing!

Also, I am a huge eater/food lover so I will try to get burgers at both Apache & Burgershoppe - back to back comparison and who is the winner? THIS GUY!!!!!!!!! :-D

Although, I am now googling the primer on Canadian money, I will have to return the bottles of maple syrup I brought with as a bartering tool because no one would take it as payment last night.

I'll give you a buzz when we get rolling this AM. The woman is crashed out like a coke addict after a 5-day binge right now!

Distillery District? AWESOME!!!! Beer Bistro!? GREAT!!! Had a Vintage Ale from '07. AMAZING!!! Delicious. Got myself a glass with it too :-D

Also went to C'est What!? - which was amazing as well. Had Poutine there - DELICIOUS!!!!!

There is a Deaf Culture Centre! It wasn't open, but the door was open and we walked in. The woman walked over to tell us we it was closed, but I signed to her a little and she said it was okay if we looked around. After that she explained they were having a gallery thing that night at 6pm. We didn't get to see it as we were elsewhere (we went back around 8pm but it was over); but it was a lot of fun actually getting to put my sign to use!

Apache Burgers? VERY delicious. One Apache burger was huge - and filled me up like mad. I left there completely satisfied. I want to try Burger Shoppe before I leave, but not sure if we will get to or not.

Also - note to everyone: do not wear flip-flops for walking 5+ miles around a major city and around beaches. You will end up with multiple blisters & blood blisters all over your feet.

ALSO NOTE: Toronto Island has a nude beach.... I may or may not have taken my clothes off and walked around a little just to try it....

Man, I am EXHAUSTED - this is only day 1. Not sure how much I will be doing on Day 2 & 3 & possibly 4! As long as it doesn't include walking huge distances in flipflops I could be ok. I just hope this huge blood blister doesn't pop in my sock tomorrow and leave a nasty puddle in my shoe!

Yea, it turned out to be a pretty busy weekend for most everyone I think.

My other Toronto friends were able to meet us at Niagara but only because my buddies GF was there for a bachelorette party the night before and he had to pick her up. Had it not been for that - we might not have gotten to meet anyone other than the friendly locals!

We plan on going back - I will stalk Parker from a distance and strike when the time is right.... or something.