unban request - insomnia ¬ r0gue_

Name: insomnia ¬ r0gue_

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:51788162

Date & Time of ban: 08-15-12 12:58 (taken from sourcebans)

Admin who banned you: Pandalsson

Excuse for the Unban: It says I was banned for "Spamming Mic/Chat", while I haven't even typed anything in-game and I don't have a mic. Also have not received any warning about anything (you can check it in admin logs and my logs below) Also a permanent ban without a warning, not to mention my first ban ever, is kind of excessive.

screenshots of console and pastebin with console log:

qCJrw.jpg

8BHpU.jpg

6MrJw.png

Pastebin of the console log

witnesses:

insomnia ¬ Lumberjack

insomnia ¬ Havoc

M1

OllHof [1st SAS]

You were warned about being a douche for voice-command spamming. If you selectively filter stuff out that's not my responsibility. You repeated being a douche. You were given a 1 day ban not perm. To be honest it could have just as easily been for disrespecting other players.

Old cal-I guys (like Bungles) give less attitude on our server than middling talent tpg-open kids like you (and this isn't an opinion, this is an informed evaluation). I would always suggest asking yourself: is this a normal pub that I can just pull my "hey I've got clan tags, I'm a competitive player, I'm better than you" or are there admins on who know that I'm being a douche?

Simple wisdom to live by: if you're actually good then act like a player who earns respect rather than one who feels entitled to it.

You were warned about being a douche for voice-command spamming. If you selectively filter stuff out that's not my responsibility. You repeated being a douche. You were given a 1 day ban not perm. To be honest it could have just as easily been for disrespecting other players.

Old cal-I guys (like Bungles) give less attitude on our server than middling talent tpg-open kids like you (and this isn't an opinion, this is an informed evaluation). I would always suggest asking yourself: is this a normal pub that I can just pull my "hey I've got clan tags, I'm a competitive player, I'm better than you" or are there admins on who know that I'm being a douche?

Simple wisdom to live by: if you're actually good then act like a player who earns respect rather than one who feels entitled to it.

Funny as I didn't spam, used my voice commands like what? 3-5 times in the whole time I was there.

Nor have I heard any warning, if done over voice then it might've been the only reason I didn't see or hear one.

Sourceban said perma when I checked before I posted this. And no, I'm not filtering stuff from console, nice try though.

I don't feel like a better player, just because at a certain moment I'm doing better than others doesn't make me a better player.

Funny as I didn't spam, used my voice commands like what? 3-5 times in the whole time I was there.

Nor have I heard any warning, if done over voice then it might've been the only reason I didn't see or hear one.

Sourceban said perma when I checked before I posted this. And no, I'm not filtering stuff from console, nice try though.

It wasn't a "nice try" because it wasn't even regarding your console comments - it was about whether or not you remember the warning. You're assuming something that not the case.

I DID type something in chat regarding your attitude that probably should have noted (although that wasn't the warning itself). After your 2nd time, I DID warn you with in-game voice.

It's not that you were spamming over and over at random times. And it wasn't a momentary emotional response that can happen to anyone. Simply put, you had VERY calculated intentions behind your voice commands that did not fit with welcome behaviour on the server. That's what got you the temp ban.

The 1st MRB pub server welcomes players of all kinds of skill levels - from beginners to high-level competitive. Certainly, you, as with any other Insomnia player, are welcome to join after your 1 Day ban is completed but you should understand that you need to contribute to a healthy and respectful environment.

As for the perm ban, that's my bad as you got a perm ban instead of the desired 1 day ban that I had selected. This has been fixed, it's been changed to a 1 day ban as originally intended.