Resolved - Day of Defeat launch Problems

Brown

Question

Name: Travis Brown

Type of issue: Day of defeat wont launch

Brief Description of Issue: It was getting an error before, something along the lines of it wont launch, please try again later. I reinstalled it, now it launches, but nothing comes up. On my steam friends, it says I'am in game, but nothing comes up, no errors or anything :(.

Now it is saying "This game is currently unavailable please try again another time" which is what it said in the beginning.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Main Technician: Bryant

Supporting Technician:

11 answers to this question

Step one is to restart your computer. Too many people leave their computers on 24/7, for whatever reason.

Re install DODS.

Test it. If it does not work, close Day of Defeat Source via the task manager (hl2.exe, if I remember correctly).

Update all drivers, including DirectX, Visual C++, etc.

Test DODS. If it does not work, close Day of Defeat Source via the task manager.

Close Steam if you haven't already.

Navigate to your steam folder via My Computer, and rename the clientregistry.blob to something like "clientregistryOld.blob".

Restart steam, and test DODS.

Verify your game cache (right click the game in the library, click properties, then local files, then "verify game cache".

Test DODS.

Open the launch options (right click in library, click properties, then launch options) and type "-autoexec" (Without quotes).

Test DODS.

Note; this should reset all client-side settings to those found in the autoexec file in your DODS folder.

Heres my suggestion.

Go into your steam folder...

local disk > program files > steam > steamapps > common

Check for any Day of Defeat Source folder. Delete that.

then go into local disk > program files > steam > steamapps > youraccname

Check for any Day of Defeat Source folder. Delete that.

Bascially, track down and delete any DOD:S files.

If you use Steam to uninstall, it does not do a complete delete of the game files. Do a manual delete.

Then, go into Steam settings, into the Downloads + Cloud tab.

Go into download region area, and change the location to another nearby but less busy download server. Sometimes the downloads will be missing files and such.

Reinstall.

After you reinstall DOD:S. Don't run it. First, go into library and verify game cache before doing so.

----

If all else fails... back up any custom content for any game you want to keep. Then entirely delete steam and go with a fresh reinstall.