Super Bowl Talk

Parker 1st MRB

Quick recap: Sandy Hook Elementary kids sing America the Beautiful to start the event. Ravens come out strong and lead at half-time. Beyonce sings with Destiny's Child. Ravens come out of half-time with a return TD from Jacoby Jones. Blackout. 49ers start the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history. Ravens make a last effort defensive stop. Ravens win the Super Bowl and Flacco is named MVP.

All that aside I have to show you this Super Bowl ad with Will Ferrell that not many people saw yesterday because it was only aired in 3 small towns.

WTF?!?!?!?!

Now, I don't know a damn thing about football other than the basic rules (and that the Bears are from Chicago), but that final play of the 49ers....holding? Not holding? My mom swears it was holding, but I don't know enough about the game to say for sure or not, no matter how many times it was replayed.

Now, I don't know a damn thing about football other than the basic rules (and that the Bears are from Chicago), but that final play of the 49ers....holding? Not holding? My mom swears it was holding, but I don't know enough about the game to say for sure or not, no matter how many times it was replayed.

It was a play that you could argue either way. Yes there was holding, but on the other hand Carbtree (the receiver) was also pushing the defender.

It was a play that you could argue either way. Yes there was holding, but on the other hand Carbtree (the receiver) was also pushing the defender.

Dangit, I like definitive things with no grey area. In related news, the confetti was shaped like the trophy!

ht8GqCz.jpg

Kind of a weird finish and SF deserved to win. Ravens were staggering the entire second half and the vaunted D were getting run over drive after drive but with SF somehow not finishing on the last drive(due to bad play calling imo) First down on the 6 and you should find a way to get in the endzone on four tries. That of course was the game.

Reason I think 49ers deserved to win is the game ended with them being the far superior squad. Its like watching a boxing match where the champ is getting pummelled in the latter rounds and barely manages to get up off the canvas enough times to stagger to the bell. Only to win on pts.

Looks like the return was the difference.

Seahawks in 2014.

Well i wasnt that it this super (because my team wasn't in it). But what i want to know more about was why the power went out after the second half. Because that played a vital role imo for the 49ers to come back the way they did. Since the half the 49ers Offense hadn't been on the field for almost an entire hour. Allowing them to rest there Offensive players and get everything they needed to turn the game on its head.

In my opinion, if the power hadn't gone out the ravens would have won by a landslide. They were so hyped up after the 108 yd Kickoff td return that they would have just rolled over the 49ers on both sides of the ball.

Since the power went out, all the energy they got from that dissipated over time and excersise while they were waiting for the lights to come back on.

Kind of a weird finish and SF deserved to win. Ravens were staggering the entire second half and the vaunted D were getting run over drive after drive

What SF deserved to win? The Ravens scored 21 pts in the first half and came into the second half scoring another TD off of the return kick. How is that not deserving? SF only started to come back after the lights went out, if those lights didn't go out the game wouldn't have been close at all. And if the Ravens D was staggering so much, how did they stop the 2pt conversion? Didn't they stop the 49ers from scoring that important TD in the 4th when it mattered? The Ravens deserved the win.

Kind of a weird finish and SF deserved to win. Ravens were staggering the entire second half and the vaunted D were getting run over drive after drive

What SF deserved to win? The Ravens scored 21 pts in the first half and came into the second half scoring another TD off of the return kick. How is that not deserving? SF only started to come back after the lights went out, if those lights didn't go out the game wouldn't have been close at all. And if the Ravens D was staggering so much, how did they stop the 2pt conversion? Didn't they stop the 49ers from scoring that important TD in the 4th when it mattered? The Ravens deserved the win.

At the final whistle the Ravens had been staggering around for most of the 2nd half with the Ravens D virtually incapable of stopping the Niners from rolling off drive after drive. Nor could they even contain the QB rollout. The Ravens were dead, flat, and beat at the end. Only the scoreboard betrayed that. They looked like a knocked out prizefighter still on their feet. I think the veteran squad was more prepared from the start and that the Niners, having less experienced players at key positions, particularly QB, had a harder time getting locked into the game and out of the gate. However, the thing is once they did, the Niners were night and day the better squad.

As to who benefited from the power outage? That's all subjective. There is no way of knowing. Who is to say that the Niners would not have reacted the same way if there was no power outage? Statistically, the Niners have always played their best football in the 2nd half. They completely stormed Atlanta in their own home in the second half after being down 17-0, no power outage there and Atlanta was a team that nearly went unbeaten during the regular season and was highly expected to make the superbowl.

Ravens won this on some experience and veteran savvy only and needed every ounce of it and barely got it done with that. The better football club lost.

Hats off to Flacco though, he was the one Raven that never lost focus and another excellent game by him. Both these QB's can really throw the ball and are a big part of their clubs.

Edited by Steiner

I'm going to go with the Ravens deserved to win more, because they had more points when time expired....

lol its seriously that simple though, it never matters who deserves to win more or who had the more talented squad going in. It only matters how well you execute and cash in on your opportunities.

Plus lets be real San Fran was dead for over a half of football...just saying :D