Explosion at Boston Marathon

Kirkendall 1st MRB

I'm sorry Giovannoli, I just happen to be hundreds of miles from the event, and have no personal connection to it other than the fact that I walked on that very street where it occurred just two years previous and that there were other members of my species involved. You and all of the family members and people suffering from this event have my dearest sympathies, hopes, and prayers for their recovery and solidarity in the wake of this event. However you'll have to forgive me if my brain wants to try and figure out why this happenned and who or what might be behind it, not that I want to go out and hunt the people down, just so that I might be able to understand the event better with the wider understanding.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be jaded as fuck. After 911, the 7/7 bombings, the madrid bombings, the russian school siege etc., this all seems par for the course and I expect there to be a now well-practiced intelligence machine ready to sort this mess out and point a finger. I find myself breathing a sigh of relief at how few fatalities there were. Regret for all the people who've lost limbs or worse. But when I hear, on the radio, people unrelated to the incident saying they cried themselves to sleep last night I feel like I'm on another planet. Of course I'd feel different if someone I knew was hurt but, given that I don't, I don't like the idea that I'm expected to have a strong emotional reaction to a situation that seems to demand a rational, inquisitive and rapid response.

Anyway when dealing with terrorists, a stiff upper lip and relatively cold-heartless-bastard approach from the public denies them the impact and emotionally-charged attention they crave. I refuse to give these people the pleasure of seeing them get to me. I just wish the media felt the same way.

I must be jaded as fuck. After 911, the 7/7 bombings, the madrid bombings, the russian school siege etc., this all seems par for the course and I expect there to be a now well-practiced intelligence machine ready to sort this mess out and point a finger. I find myself breathing a sigh of relief at how few fatalities there were. Regret for all the people who've lost limbs or worse. But when I hear, on the radio, people unrelated to the incident saying they cried themselves to sleep last night I feel like I'm on another planet. Of course I'd feel different if someone I knew was hurt but, given that I don't, I don't like the idea that I'm expected to have a strong emotional reaction to a situation that seems to demand a rational, inquisitive and rapid response.

Anyway when dealing with terrorists, a stiff upper lip and relatively cold-heartless-bastard approach from the public denies them the impact and emotionally-charged attention they crave. I refuse to give these people the pleasure of seeing them get to me. I just wish the media felt the same way.

I get what you're saying Logue and I really think it's dependent on the kind of person you are. Everyone has their own way to cope in response of these actions. I myself am filled with shock, disbelief, and anger but in the end I know that we should be doing everything we can to show the bastards who did this that we are not afraid. I also had the same feeling when I heard there were few fatalities but seeing the amount of wounded brought my anger right back up. As I was looking at news clips last night there was a doctor discussing his reactions. He stated that this style of bombing is something you hear about going of in Afghanistan or Iraq. I know that it is unclear as to who did this but frankly I would like to hear more from the hero's who ran towards the injured rather than running away. I am not saying that I believe the people who ran are cowards in anyway!

I think that Craig Ferguson had a valid point saying that the person or people who did this are terrorists and nothing more. They are no soldier, they are cowards. I know I will probably get yelled at for this because it's to early to tell. But my response, no matter what kind of attack it was domestic or foreign, they still planted fucking bombs that blew up killing innocent people in the streets of Boston. I don't care if it was for some fucking rebellion, these explosions were meant to kill/harm as many people as possible.

Regardless I know that the United States will remain strong as it has been for years and we will find out who is responsible. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to those who are effected.

Here is a link to what Craig Ferguson said about the bombings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu47a2HNrc

Edited by ClickClickahShit BAR

That church needs to be burned to the ground with all those people in it... my boss was there he heard the first one go off went to see what the noise was and saw the second go off about 60 feet from him. he is fine but whoever did it needs to pay.

Edited by evo-lution ßÄR

Low yield explosive, incendiary of some sort, probably packed with homemade materials for shrapnel. Most likely a command-det via cell phone, as wires would be too obvious in an event like that. So, some technological know how, something fairly easy to get off the internet from questionable sites. Probably a home-grown extremist of some sort.

They say they have a few in for questioning, no suspects though. Odds are he was probably just an Arab man who was hanging around the area and someone tried to connected the dots after the xplosion and deemed his actions "suspicious"

I just saw a comment on an article about this earlier talking about racial profiling. Seriously at times like this. I can understand, because of the fear set by 9/11, that a person may "jump the gun" when blaming another person for something like this. Out of fear we sometimes do things we may not do when we are calm. To be honest I may have done the same thing or have done something completely different. I'm not entirely sure because I have never been a situation like this before. I know when 9/11 hit I was in the 6th grade, still a young kid with a lot of questions in floating around in my brain on why people would do something so horrible. Regardless I believe in a little term call "no stone left unturned" making sure that we check all leads, even if they are believed to be "racial profiling" unless it's clear that they had nothing to do with the situation.

Also Evo I agree, their so called protests in the "name of god" have run its course.

Edited by ClickClickahShit BAR

Solved.

Thank you sir, the task proved exponentionally difficult on my neural net processor.

Well, it seems the device was a pressure cooker packed with black powder, nails and ball bearings. Nasty stuff, but if it wasn't a command det like I initially thought this would help narrow down the timeframe as the timer can only be set to X amount of minutes, only a matter of time now.

Here's the information, so nobody gets confused.

Suspect Dzhokar Tsarnaev, born in 1993 in Chechnya, legal resident of the US, has lived in Cambridge for years- at large.

Reportedly ran over his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 years old and born in Russia, when fleeing from police, killing him. Police have a house in the Watertown area surrounded and the cities of Watertown, Cambridge and Boston have been locked down.

I've looked at the news they have the two suspects which no real evidence to the fact has been revealed aside that they happened to be there and they way it's going these guys are already guilty of the crime and now one was killed. I guess innocent until proven guilty is redundant here. Boston is now pretty much under martial law and officials are going house to house searching, which if it were me I wouldn't let them search my house without a search warrant as they are invading my privacy and my home. They are infringing on Americans 3rd and 4th Amendment rights.

Listen I know this was a deplorable act and the people responsible should be sought out but not at the cost of people's rights. The people in charge are yet again using fear and panic to justify what they are doing and the American people have to stop falling for that.

I've looked at the news they have the two suspects which no real evidence to the fact has been revealed aside that they happened to be there and they way it's going these guys are already guilty of the crime and now one was killed. I guess innocent until proven guilty is redundant here. Boston is now pretty much under martial law and officials are going house to house searching, which if it were me I wouldn't let them search my house without a search warrant as they are invading my privacy and my home. They are infringing on Americans 3rd and 4th Amendment rights.

Listen I know this was a deplorable act and the people responsible should be sought out but not at the cost of people's rights. The people in charge are yet again using fear and panic to justify what they are doing and the American people have to stop falling for that.

1. Your stance on privacy would change dramatically if it was your son/daughter/wife/parent/friend who was killed in the bombings.

2. People are innocent until proven guilty, but if that individual is shooting at officers instead of cooperating then that individual is definitely going to get a cap in his ass.

They are infringing on Americans 3rd and 4th Amendment rights.

You're doing a disservice to yourself by including the Third Amendment in your speech. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Third Amendment. The Boston Police Department is not the military in a real or legal sense, and they are not being quartered in peoples' homes.

This only has to do with the 4th Amendment. Let's not all start jumping the gun on this.

Boston is now pretty much under martial law and officials are going house to house searching, which if it were me I wouldn't let them search my house without a search warrant as they are invading my privacy and my home. They are infringing on Americans 3rd and 4th Amendment rights.

Yeah, if it was me in his shoes right now and they weren't searching house to house without consent, I would totally hide in your house and put a gun to your head and tell you that if you consent to a search I'll kill you and your family. Which is probably why their searching every house without consent, because a population's safety is more important than one individuals claim of rights, unless of course you disagree and prefer your rights over others potential lives.

Just a Protip from someone who has actually done searches for high value targets before.

I agree with the first part of your argument Marchese, a local crisis is no excuse to suspend individual rights. Sure what happened was terrible but we're talking about two suspects, not a general armed insurrection by an extremist group which would require using emergency measures.

As for the second part, well the guy was exactly that, a suspect, who resisted arrest. Pretty self explanatory why they shot him, especially since he plugged a policeman full of holes.

1. Your stance on privacy would change dramatically if it was your son/daughter/wife/parent/friend who was killed in the bombings.

2. People are innocent until proven guilty, but if that individual is shooting at officers instead of cooperating then that individual is definitely going to get a cap in his ass.

To rebuttal if it were my kid or loved one I would want to make damn sure the person did the crime and then I'd kill them and I go to jail. Your argument is I'd be thinking emotionally if this affected be personally which is most likely true, but we can't think that way. Making decision while emotionally distraught clouds our judgement and we lose perspective, it's called mob mentality and many innocent people have been killed to that mentality. There are ways to find the people responsible without stamping all over people's rights which should be protected.

Now for the suspects that attacked the authorities. Were they provoked by the cops? Were they just defending themselves? The idea is to question everything and not just take the word of what people tell you and not ask for evidence. This has become a witch hunt and that may be one of the reasons the other suspect has not given himself up to fear of prosecution whether he's innocent or not.

Boston is now pretty much under martial law and officials are going house to house searching, which if it were me I wouldn't let them search my house without a search warrant as they are invading my privacy and my home. They are infringing on Americans 3rd and 4th Amendment rights.

Yeah, if it was me in his shoes right now and they weren't searching house to house without consent, I would totally hide in your house and put a gun to your head and tell you that if you consent to a search I'll kill you and your family. Which is probably why their searching every house without consent, because a population's safety is more important than one individuals claim of rights, unless of course you disagree and prefer your rights over others potential lives.

Just a Protip from someone who has actually done searches for high value targets before.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty

to purchase a little Temporary Safety,

deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

We need to have the courage to stand up for our rights even if there may be risk to ourselves and the people. So many have died for people to have these rights and we just throw it away at the first sign of trouble (guess the Joker was right huh). Isn't our rights as a people worth fighting or even dying for, or do we become a police state and bow to a master.

Isn't our rights as a people worth fighting or even dying for, or do we become a police state and bow to a master.

Rights are pretty useless once your dead. But I digress, since we've delved from intelligence, started referencing comic book characters and started debating freedom against a supposed police state in a topic about an ongoing act of terrorism, I'll just put my last two cents in that we need stricter pressure cooker controls along with background checks for them. This seems to be on par with the same logical reasoning and thought process of yours.

Rights are pretty useless once your dead.

True to the individual but this is not about the individual, it's bigger than that. Also I guess all the people who fought and died to protect people's rights and freedoms died for nothing. All I'm looking for is people to show some courage, to take the risks that having rights and freedom entails and not to succumb to fear.

But I digress, since we've delved from intelligence, started referencing comic book characters and started debating freedom against a supposed police state in a topic about an ongoing act of terrorism, I'll just put my last two cents in that we need stricter pressure cooker controls along with background checks for them.

Maybe you just don't see this point of view as intelligent or I lack some type of logic and that's fine you can disagree with me if you want. I would defend your right to disagree with me to the death because I truly believe you have the right to disagree with me as I have the right to disagree with you. I guess I'm the kind of guy where when the anti theft goes off at the store I don't let the security guards search me or if they ask for the receipt at the door I don't let them see it. You're gonna treat me or assume I'm a criminal even though I haven't stolen anything and the items you want to search are my property as I paid for them. It's bad enough you're invading my privacy by having cameras above the registers looking into my wallet when I paid for the damn items. You wanna do something about it call the cops and you can waste their time.

What the hell is considered legitimate police provocation for tossing an explosive at them?

They are heavily armed pointing automatic weapons at you and wearing riot gear.

I'm not buying the argument that these two brothers were pursued as scapegoats and just happened to be heavily armed. Your argument insensitive to the victims of the bombing.

I'm not saying they are scapegoats. I'm just saying ask questions and don't just automatically believe everything you hear. He very well may be behind the attack but I not going to assume just yet. Remember not everything is as it seems. To the note of me being insensitive I truly am sorry for the people who lost their lives and those who were injured. Loss of life is always a tragedy big or small. I am sorry for the people who were injured and will be or maybe crippled from this attack. I'm just saying don't let the people in power use the emotions of this event to manipulate everyone so they can do what they want. I want the person(s) that are responsible found and brought to justice but it needs to be done in the right way. The guys faces are pasted all over the news. The whole country are already on the lookout for the suspects so they will be found.