Explosion at Boston Marathon

Kirkendall 1st MRB

The fact that everything isn't always as it seems doesn't mean that most things aren't usually as they seem. Of you see a man trying to take a purse from an old lady, it COULD mean that the old lady stole it from him in the first place, but it probably doesn't. Suspect is alive in police custody in any case.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that everything isn't always as it seems doesn't mean that most things aren't usually as they seem. Of you see a man trying to take a purse from an old lady, it COULD mean that the old lady stole it from him in the first place, but it probably doesn't. Suspect is alive in police custody in any case.

See told ya they find them. Also you're comparing apple to oranges with the old lady scenario. You're seeing the evidence first hand in the old lady scenario and so far all our information on the Boston bombing has been from either the media or the authorities who claim they have evidence but have not revealed what kind of evidence so we're just supposed to take their word for it. I just need something more solid than just claiming "we have evidence" as it's just too ambiguous for me. I don't want jump to conclusions right now and see what plays out. Remember innocent until proven guilty

Edited by Marchese 1st MRB

What the hell is considered legitimate police provocation for tossing an explosive at them?

They are heavily armed pointing automatic weapons at you and wearing riot gear.

The sheer ignorance that you wouldn't even question why these guys would have pre-made explosives of the same type from the bombings on there persons already would be enough for me to wanna suck start my Glock.

You'll defend my rights? Really? How? I've already done a rodeo with the Marine Corps, what have you done so significant in defending rights that you feel the need to patronize me about it sir?

What the hell is considered legitimate police provocation for tossing an explosive at them?

They are heavily armed pointing automatic weapons at you and wearing riot gear.

The sheer ignorance that you wouldn't even question why these guys would have pre-made explosives of the same type from the bombings on there persons already would be enough for me to wanna suck start my Glock.

You'll defend my rights? Really? How? I've already done a rodeo with the Marine Corps, what have you done so significant in defending rights that you feel the need to patronize me about it sir?

Sorry Richards I didn't mean to sound like I was patronizing you. I have nothing but respect for ya man and I'm sorry. You're right man I've done exactly jack and shit to protect your rights and I'm part of the problem of people not standing up for their rights. You have done more than anything I've ever done and probably more. It just kills me that the rights that so many people had died and fought for can be so easily taken away and no one says anything about it, they just go along with it like sheep. Like many I have been pacified into not acting but I truly believe that we should have the right to disagree and freely discuss our opinions. To live where freedom and rights are more important than safety. Guess I'm naive that way.

Also I did not know that the explosives they used against the cops was made of the same stuff as the bombing. That is a solid piece of evidence I was waiting on that strengthens the probability that these are the bombers. Still gonna wait on what happens next before drawing any conclusions.

My personal opinion is thank goodness they got two very dangerous individuals off the streets (whether or not they did it), it was lucky not more people got hurt. I again think its too early to debate something like this with a lot of the information not known.

I think that people should take a little time to reflect on what has happened and the families who have lost a loved one. Especially the law enforcement officers who lost their lives/were severely injured, trying to stop these two individuals from hurting anyone else.

My personal opinion is thank goodness they got two very dangerous individuals off the streets (whether or not they did it), it was lucky not more people got hurt. I again think its too early to debate something like this with a lot of the information not known.

I think that people should take a little time to reflect on what has happened and the families who have lost a loved one. Especially the law enforcement officers who lost their lives/were severely injured, trying to stop these two individuals from hurting anyone else.

+1

Absolutely we should not look for someone to blame right now. We should be reflecting on what happened and helping the victims. Let's wait for the facts OK.

Actually the lockdown made perfect sense. You have two suspects who engaged law enforcement personnel with explosives and firearms. You don't want the people you are supposed to protect wonder into the crossfire, or get taken hostage. It saves lives. As for the 4th Amendment, it protects you from unreasonable searches and seizures, however like all amendments there are exceptions. A law enforcement officer may enter your home without a warrant if there are exigent circumstances. What are exigent circumstances? They are defined as emergency situations where the process of getting a valid search warrant could compromise public safety or could lead to a loss of evidence. So obviously two guys with firearms and somewhat more importantly bombs compromise public safety.

Now as for the last part where you asked if they were provoked, and if so did they just defend themselves. First off, even if a armored SWAT officer walks up to me, weapon aimed at me thinking I'm a terrorist (let's not beat around the bush these guys are terrorists) and I'm an innocent person, there is no way in hell I'm going to start shooting at him. Worst case they arrest me for 24 hours, and let me go for lack of evidence. Best case they get me the hell away from the terrorists. There is absolutely zero reason for a person in America to use force on the police if they are innocent.

Now this is just me, but they look 100% guilty. They had explosives and they engaged the police. They were innocent, until proven guilty, which is when they started to use lethal force against the police.

The people in charge are yet again using fear and panic to justify what they are doing and the American people have to stop falling for that.

+1000

The people in charge used reasonable means to stop a murderer who was a public threat.

You know what just take the American Constitution and Bill of Rights and either burn them, throw them away or put a big black X on them as these rights are pretty much meaningless anyways. When rights can be just ignored or taken away then what's the point. All they do is get in the way of government/authorities to "protect" you and make you feel "safe" from the bad people. When I see stuff like Amendments/Rights being infringed and bills being passed like the NDAA and the Patriot act and everyone goes with it cause it makes them "safier" you know what you deserve what you get.

PS Give me Liberty, or give me Death

Lol the whole social compact that our society is based on- that all human civilization is based on actually- is that you give up certain freedoms when you decide to live among other humans, in exchange for protection. If you are so upset that the authorities searched a few homes to catch a terrorist, and you're prepared to compare that to the patriot act, maybe you'd be more suited for life as a hermit on an island in Micronesia somewhere. Honestly the people most concerned with the government infringing on their rights at every turn are usually the last ones the government is interested in anyway. Also whenever I see that Henry quote on an Internet forum I can't help but laugh.

Lol the whole social compact that our society is based on- that all human civilization is based on actually- is that you give up certain freedoms when you decide to live among other humans, in exchange for protection. If you are so upset that the authorities searched a few homes to catch a terrorist, and you're prepared to compare that to the patriot act, maybe you'd be more suited for life as a hermit on an island in Micronesia somewhere. Honestly the people most concerned with the government infringing on their rights at every turn are usually the last ones the government is interested in anyway. Also whenever I see that Henry quote on an Internet forum I can't help but laugh.

The point I was trying to make is if people are willing to give up more and more of their rights and just roll over then what's the point of having them in the first place. The rights entailed on the American Constitution and Bill of Rights are meaningless if people don't stand up for them and use them. Now you have a point about the government not really having a interest in me, hell I Canadian for goodness sake. Yes this really doesn't affect me all the way over here but I'm not that self centered not to be concerned about what happening to other people and I'm not naive enough to think that this couldn't possibly happen to me. I value rights and privacy and wouldn't want some guy with a badge just barging into my home and snoop around with or without my consent. Yes it is true that you must give up some freedoms to live among other people but not all freedoms need be given up. Why must a simple list of rights that a country was founded on be cut down or ignored because it keeps us safe from the bad people. There have always been bad people out there. People need to show some damn courage and not succumb to fear but face it. T take the risks that having rights and freedoms entails. Remember having freedom and liberty always comes a cost.

But I'm pretty sure this thread is about the explosion at the marathon and the subsequent manhunt for the suspects- not our personal freedoms. So, in relevant news

You're right let get off this argument for now and stick with what we know about the bombing. Just the facts

NOT happy the suspects are Chechens... Most of us went to the U.K. or Canada, but for the few who ARE in the U.S.A... This is a shit show. There is a REASON Chechen-Americans are IN America, and let me tell you: It's not to fucking kill people. It's to GET AWAY FROM THAT SHIT. Lucky for me I am also half Mexican with a Spanish last name. I don't even tell my neighbors I'm Muslim, they would have me evicted or harassed in some way. When shit like Boston happens, it creates inescapable paranoia among countrymen. Paranoia that I'm all too familiar with.