Resolved - Steam Spray imported but not spraying in-game

Samuels 1st MRB

Question

My spray was just finished by the Quatermasters Office, and Im really excited to use it in-game, but there is one problem. When I import it while running DoD:S the spray box will show the Purple and Black checkers in the example screen, and then when I am actually in-game, nothing happens. My spray key is bound to the "O" key. I have no idea what to do, and also I am running DoD:S from a Mac Pro. Hopefully this is not much of a problem.

If you guys have any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Samuels

9 answers to this question

Before you spend too much time editing the spray itself, test to see if it works properly on a Windows set-up.

When using a Mac, you may need to place the spray file into the appropriate folder manually (similarly to how you cannot download maps directly from the server currently).

If you would like to try this, (and assuming the basic file structure is the same on the Mac version of Steam/DOD:S), you will need to get into your Steam installation "folder". From there, go into SteamApps -> Common -> Day of Defeat Source -> dod -> Materials -> VGUI -> Logos. Place the .vtf file you were provided directly into the Logos "folder". Import the spray in-game again, from the new location.

Now that I am home, I have downloaded the spray that was made for you, and discovered that it is in-fact a problem with the spray. It does not work for me either.

I will play around with the file, though the Quartermasters Office will likely have to resolve this one. I would assume that it was a problem with converting/compiling.

Again, no need to worry as it is not a problem with your end. Just be patient while either the Quartermasters Office, or myself (if I can with the file provided), fixes this issue up for you.

Edited by Holland 1st MRB

Update: I have managed to fix your spray.

The fixed spray can be downloaded here.

Just upload it into the game as your normally would. Please post back here, verifying that it worked for you.

For those wondering why it was not working in-game;

The following flags needed to be set in VTFEdit; No mipmap, No level of detail

Edited by Holland 1st MRB