Warhammer 40k: eternal crusade

Its a shame that all of that footage was recycled from previous 40k Games, I'd be very interested to see what their plans are visually rather than just hearing them.

I like the idea though, and I love the 40k Universe so I'll definately be interested in this to play as an Ork, Necron, or perhaps an Inquisitor if they include the Witch Hunters/Inquisition as a playable group within the Imperium. Maybe even a Space Marine if I can make mine an Imperial Fist or Black Templar, tired of the Ultramarines getting most of the spotlight.

I wonder though, whatever happenned to Dark Millenium? That was another 40K MMO in the works.

40k has defiantly come along way from its days of just models witch was my day, to a crazy 3D game playing computer world. I always loved this game. I started playing back in 2002 and never stopped playing. I was the tau army and had a good size army of models. (Here is what the models looked like).

photo 40k_zps13a6adb4.jpg

I still play with my Orks on the table top which I have close to 3000 pts worth, and I have a fair number of Black Templars I really enjoy playing with. I also intend to get a Grey Knights Army just so I can make a couple custom Inquisitors as Heroes. I stille njoy playing the game, and its now in 6th or 7th edition just got released.

As for how well it has transitioned to video games, I really enjoyed the Dawn of War series, Dark Crusade was one of my favourites, and I hate how hard they fucked the canon with Soulstorm. The new Dawn of War IIs I thought were alright, and I think they are more realistic in terms of the Space Marine/Everything else ratio and I loved how they did the Tyranids. I just don't like how the recycled a couple things really poorly, particularly the characters, and particularly Eliphas. He was badass as a Word Bearers Apostle and he just seemed extremely whimpy as a conventional Chaos Lord, having his soul change hands from Daemon to Daemon and Legion to Legion wasn't a satisfying excuse for me.

As for the recent platform game, I really enjoyed it. Never saw the film though, I was just getting pissed at the lack of originality of the stories there. I understand that they're trying to attract new people into the franchise, so they have to make it so that people can grasp the concepts easily, but come on. The game I'm waiting for is one where the attention is taken off of the Space Marines and show off the other sides of the 40K Universe, stories revolving around the Eldar, Imperial Guard life, Orks, Chaos Daemons and Space Marines, Tau, and maybe even Necrons would make far more unique and perhaps provide an even more interesting series of events other than a bunch of Space Marines rushing in to hold down the fort or fight through tides of Aliens to save beleaguered worlds or pieces of Imperial Tech.

I also hope to eventually see games based around internal Imperium affairs, like with the Inquisition, Adeptus Mechanicus, or maybe even the Assassinorium. Those would provide a good change of pace and variety, because I'm worried that the game market may be becoming oversaturated with 40K games based mainly on the Space Marines and nothing else.