Dayz Standalone

A. Cannon 1st MRB

Well gents, i was playing this morning going on a loot run and the server acted funny just as i agro'd a walker.... i managed to escape and hide in a bush, when i re loaded to try and see if that fixed it, servers were all down.. looking into it they went into maintenance which was the cause for disconnect.. I just finally checked and my guy is wiped, which means they updated and we all have fresh spawns or the bastards cost me a life... let me know your situation

From what I've been reading gents, 0.62 is now on stable branch! which means most likely character reset for all of us, I'll be in tonight to re arm and supply. I'll tell you the new sounds in the woods, the leaves blowing around, birds in the sky and the wind effects on rain and smoke is amazing, as is the new lighting settings moon and sun. Smoke grenades, chimney smoke are all influenced by the wind. 

Look forward to securing the homefront with you guys!

• Upvote 1

Although technically more dangerous due to the hazards, it also works in your benefit as it greatly reduces visibility for the enemy as well. Be very careful for fallen logs/ trees as they seem to fetch you up if not paying attention. 

The wind factor is also going to add a new challenge. While in open fields it can really get blowing and causes a lot of ambient noise, it also masks the sounds of footsteps when you're listening for invaders, but I am fully confident in our ability to defend the front. I have 5.45 ammo as does samuals now i just need ammo for my sks. 

I work this weekend so it is unlikely i can play late into the night as we've been doing but i'll do what i can and look forward to my next days off.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty then. So we have begun to scatter a little bit again since the demise of the D.M.Z. Server. It is currently attempting to be revived; I personally don't want to play on that server anylonger after the server owner yanked the server down without worrying about the input of his community until after no one followed him to other games.

To give a sample of the mobile base that I have started on a server here are some pictures XD.

61FC4D8F7DFE3404ABE4E880628274B63DC2C763 My inventor without backpack contents. Truck inventory consists of spare food and assorted optics.

EB5DF53C489AF527E22FE4BB164D32E895AB6719 Backpack Contents

229E1880B616315B9F4E092DD2B51DC88C7D92FB Stashed Truck (AKA Mobile Base)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here I come to revive the thread!

We are playing together as a group again, if anyone wants to hop back in feel free to join us on Discord. We are trying a new way of managing our basing activities and item storage in the hopes of limiting instances of being griefed. Instead of centralized hoards we have many small caches in specific places across Chernarus. The more people we can get on, the more caches we can create and stock, the less irksome random deaths become and less often deaths from starvation/dehydration/sickness will occur! Hop on and help us build our wandering nomadic utopia of death!