Dayz Standalone

A. Cannon 1st MRB

I have been waiting so long for this release. I got it gifted and it is a load of fun so far. I haven't played much PVP just yet but there is just SOO much to loot and over watch positions in cities that it is scary to go in on a popped server. Would almost rather starve on the outlying towns than go into the apartment's view.

I got it as well, much better than the Mod even with all of the bugs and problems it has so far. I love that there is no HUD to help add to the realistic quality of the game. Biggest problem for me is that the problem

of finding any source of water or medical supplies since I keep getting killed by Zombs who make me bleed out and I'm constantly thirsty. Lots of loot though, even if it is mostly clothing, odd tools, or melee weapons

best thing I've found so far is an axe. I cannot wait until they iron out more of the kinks and make it better though.

I haven't had any problems with other players so far either which surprised me. Nobody has sniped me across Cherno and I haven't even ran into anyone with a gun yet.

Edited by Armstrong 1st MRB

• 11 months later...
Which is better though? The Arma2 mod or the stand alone ..? A couple of friends have been pressuring me to play with them

I still like the mod better because of all the loot and veichles, but the standalone got the ARMA 3 engine and will get much better than the mod soon. Just my opinion though! (I just play the standalone now)

• 1 year later...