rates?

M. Martin

I figured out i just have to adjust them before i join the game. I was getting pissed because my lerp was staying at 100. I'm using rate: 30000 cl_cmdrate: server adjusted cl_updaterate: server adjusted cl_interp 0 cl_interp_ratio 0 fps_max 104. It seems to be working very well now my reg is just where I want it. :)

Sadly i heard some people calling me "hardcore" because I was adjusting my rates lol. Adjusting you're rates hasn't been hardcore since people wore British Knights and I haven't seen those since 98. I can't take back my exp with these games, and I'm sorry if I come off as a d-bag. I just want to help..

I'm not sure why this would be considered hardcore to adjust your rates so that your lerp is lowered. To me it it is more of a correction of how the game communicates between the client and the server. If people do not get this then they are missing an important gameplay improvement.

• 1 month later...
most my setup is the same cept i set rate at 45000, seems to help.

oh PS.. you do realize you can set your cfg and autoexec to read only? open with notepad, go to properties, set read only..

that way it cant be changed by any server as for your default.

most my setup is the same cept i set rate at 45000, seems to help.

oh PS.. you do realize you can set your cfg and autoexec to read only? open with notepad, go to properties, set read only..

that way it cant be changed by any server as for your default.

The configuration files and what updates them can be confusing. The autoexec.cfg is a personal config file and would not be updated by a server. Some people have set their config.cfg file to read only since any changes made to variables during the game will be written to this by the client itself and people do not want their config.cfg file to change. Here still though the config.cfg file cannot be updated updated by a server you connect to, only the client can change this. What may happen sometimes is that SteamPipe will update the file with a copy when starting up the game. This is why I very rarely manually edit the config.cfg file. I personally have both my config.cfg and autoexec.cfg set to be writable.

The config.cfg file is the first to be called by the game when starting up and any changes made to variables at the command line are written to this file (provided it is not set to read only). After the config.cfg file is executed the autoexec.cfg is run automatically and will override any variables that were set by the config.cfg that are also in the autoexec.cfg. New variables/scripts that I want to use I put in the autoexec.cfg for this reason.