Any Anarchists?

Cubey

Hello, I hope this is not against the server rules. I was just wondering if there are any like-minded anarchists here? I used to be a libertarian for a while until I converted slowly from minimal state to no-state. My views were mostly influenced by David Friedman if you want to read some of his work. I enjoy discussing these ideas with other people greatly. Basically, what I am trying to say is people have a lot of misconceptions about what anarchism is. It is an idea were a lot of serious people carefully explore including many economists, not the common stereotype as a bunch kids who want to break stuff in the street. If you are interested please contact me on steam, it is easier to talk that way than over forum, I know the people in this unit are nice so I be happy to discuss it if you are interested to hear another way of thinking.

I like aspects of Anarchism, it is definitely how I think the ideal society should work aside from Marx's idea of Communism. However, I don't believe that society cannot truly work through anarchy without having a whole society grow up with the values (which is impossible, since nobody teaches the younger generation the same thing, nor is every person going to receive the information the same way) of Anarchy and how to manage their own affairs. The problem is the same one as Communism though, there is no way to prevent vigilantism or abuses of the system (not that there are great ones today in Capitalist society, but still).

Not that I don't believe in Vigilantism as a system of enforcing laws and morals, but the problem with it is that its very easy to degenerate into Mob Rule, which isn't historically rational or moral at times. But yeah, I'm all for the idea of people managing their own affairs without any overseeing body, but then there is no way to protect the individual aside from the individual and anyone else they can convince if anything goes against them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• Application View Application Status Ricky Cooper Submitted 05/12/2024 07:22 PM Name Ricky Cooper Timezone America/New_York Country United States Additional Application Fields Please indicate platform type, Steam or PC Game pass Steam Steam ID (Use the 17-digit steamID64) / PC Game Pass account username xXHidden_BladeXx Age 25 Location Virginia U.S. Do you have a microphone? Yes Discord is a requirement, do you currently have discord installed? Yes What is your current discord name being used in the MRB Discord at the time of application? xXHiddenBladeXx Which game are you applying for? (Day of Defeat: Source/Hell Let Loose) Hell Let Loose If you've selected Hell Let Loose, do you understand that this game is currently not cross platform capable and only PC players currently may apply? ( Steam or PC Game Pass) Yes Why do you wish to join the 1st Marine Raiders? Just got the game and saw a Marine Milsim, figured it would be a good time Did any of our current members play a part in you enlisting? If so, who? TSgt. Muthas This unit offers more than just a place to play games with each other, do you have any online skills you think would be useful? Currently No Do you have any Leadership experience that you think will be helpful? As a previous member of LSMC, the highest position held was as a Plt Sgt (Sgt) for over a year of gaming. IRL I am currently active duty 0311, filling the role as a team leader, and previously APL in my squad in recent opperations. Have you ever been in a realism unit before, and if so, which unit was it? I have on playstation, Los Santos Marine Corps (LSMC) How did you hear about us? Randomly joined server on HLL By posting this Enlistment form, I acknowledge the instructions completely, declare that I am 16 years old or older, and agree that I have and will follow server and unit rules maturely and respectfully or face immediate rejection. Yes
    • Name: genz sucks B====D 100 ON GOD   Steam I.D: STEAM_0:1:14699459   Duration of Ban: Permanent   Reasons for the Ban: Racism   Demo Provided?: N   Comments: Said the no-no F word, and when warned over the mic, proceeded with the N word. Have attached screenshot
    • Name: MADDCO12   Steam I.D: STEAM_0:1:31405400   Duration of Ban: Permanent   Reasons for the Ban: Teamkilling   Demo Provided?: N   Comments: MADDCO12 Has been repeatedly banned for short terms, and always comes back and does the same thing. I warned him, kicked him, and warned him again that if he continued, I would ban him permanently. He shows no regard for his team or admins, and continues to kill his teammates
    • Name: Trust   Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:180263963   Duration of Ban: Permanent   Reasons for the Ban: Aimbot   Demo Provided?: Y   Comments: trust.dem
    • After a quick review the decision has been made to grant your request and lift the ban, please be sure to follow our servers rules closely as we will not hesitate to reinstate the ban should you step out of line. Happy gaming!