Resolved - Steam and dod:s crash

Lystad 1st MRB

Question

Name: Daniel Lystad

Type of issue: dod:s possible steam.

Brief Description of Issue: I can play dod:s maybe the half of the round or more, then the game just crash and the game and steam exit it self. it all started yesterday. And sometime the dod:s crash with a hanging sound and can't exit it when i go back to my desktop without waiting for 10min or restarting my laptop.

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Researching

Pending Reply

Resolved

Unresolved

Main Technician: C. Gundersen

Supporting Technician: J. Ascencio

Edited by Heresy 1st MRB

19 answers to this question

Questions:

1. What is your graphics card?

2. Have you tried re-installing DoD:S or verifying the integrity of the game cache. ( To do this right click DoD:S in steam, properties, local files tab, and click Verify integrity of game cache make sure you restart steam first)

3. How high are your graphical settings?

4. You can also try this: Go to properties, general tab, set launch options, and in that put -autoconfig

5. What is your firewall, because they can cause source crashes too.

6. Have you tried ending high memory using programs using Ctl-Alt-Del?

Edited by Gundersen 1st MRB

Questions:

1. What is your graphics card?

2. Have you tried re-installing DoD:S or verifying the integrity of the game cache. ( To do this right click DoD:S in steam, properties, local files tab, and click Verify integrity of game cache make sure you restart steam first)

3. How high are your graphical settings?

4. You can also try this: Go to properties, general tab, set launch options, and in that put -autoconfig

5. What is your firewall, because they can cause source crashes too.

6. Have you tried ending high memory using programs using Ctl-Alt-Del?

I will now try to re-installing DoD:S to see if that works.

I have tried all the options u gave me. But it still crashing

I think that steam is the problem, cus it seems like steam crashing all the time.

If you are going to re install steam first just re install it. If that does not you might need to just delete all your steam files and just do a fresh install.

There is a long discussion thread on the recent update causing crashes. Many of the posters said uninstalling Geforce Experience resolved the issue for them. Do you have Geforce Experience installed?

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/foru...56255554804912/

Thank you, i will now try if it works for me too.

There is a long discussion thread on the recent update causing crashes. Many of the posters said uninstalling Geforce Experience resolved the issue for them. Do you have Geforce Experience installed?

I can't finish download it. This comes up "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requiers an NVIDIA GPU. Refer to the system Requirements"

I can't finish download it. This comes up "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requiers an NVIDIA GPU. Refer to the system Requirements"

Yeah, I was asking to uninstall Geforce Experience if you had it. You have something other than a NVIDIA card so this will not apply to you.

Yeah, I was asking to uninstall Geforce Experience if you had it. You have something other than a NVIDIA card so this will not apply to you.

i see... this is how it looks .

Processor Information:

Vendor: AuthenticAMD

CPU Family: 0x15

CPU Model: 0x13

CPU Stepping: 0x1

CPU Type: 0x0

Speed: 2495 Mhz

4 logical processors

4 physical processors

HyperThreading: Unsupported

FCMOV: Supported

SSE2: Supported

SSE3: Supported

SSSE3: Supported

SSE4a: Supported

SSE41: Supported

SSE42: Supported

Network Information:

Network Speed:

Operating System Version:

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver: AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll

Driver Version: 14.100.0.0

DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1280

Driver Date: 17 Apr 2014

OpenGL Version: 4.4

Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel

Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 8650G

VendorID: 0x1002

DeviceID: 0x990b

Number of Monitors: 1

Number of Logical Video Cards: 1

Crossfire Detected (3 GPUs)

Primary Display Resolution: 1366 x 768

Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768

Primary Display Size: 13.54" x 7.60" (15.51" diag)

34.4cm x 19.3cm (39.4cm diag)

Primary Bus Type Not Detected

Primary VRAM: -2048 MB

Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

do u need more info from steam?

Please try running Steam in Windows Compatibility Mode:

1) Right click on Steam icon

2) Select Properties and go to tab Compatibility

3) Check box Run this program in compatibility mode for windwos xp sp3

4) Apply, ok

5) Run the game w/o problems.

Can't find it.

Please try running Steam in Windows Compatibility Mode:

1) Right click on Steam icon

2) Select Properties and go to tab Compatibility

3) Check box Run this program in compatibility mode for windwos xp sp3

4) Apply, ok

5) Run the game w/o problems.

Can't find it.

Warning

Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter run programs in the search box.

Tap or click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then tap or click Next.

Select the program you want to fix.

– Or –

If you don't see the program in the list, select Not Listed.

Tap or click Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't fix the problem, you can try changing compatibility settings manually.

Change compatibility settings manually

These steps will not work with programs that are part of Windows, like Paint or Windows Media Player, or with apps you get from the Windows Store.

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

Enter the name of the program in the search box, press and hold (or right-click) the search result, and then tap or click Open file location.

Press and hold (or right-click) the program icon, tap or click Properties, and then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

Select one or more of the settings (see the table below for more info).

If you want to apply the settings for that program to all accounts on the PC, tap or click Change settings for all users. Administrator permission required You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

When you're done, tap or click OK.

Edited by J. Ascencio 1st MRB