3rd World War is Coming

Duckers 1st MRB

Pure simple paranoia.

Russian jets and bombers have been flying into Canadian air space for years now. They actually come in boats and plant their flags in the Canadian arctic. It's simple provocation. Also NATO is basically a giant alliance, example if Russia would attack Poland it's expected of every country that signed the treaty have to intervene.

- Russia needs the world economy to survive. This is why the G8/G20 as placed sanctions over the Russian economy.

- Honestly, who wants to go to war over Ukraine? (No offence)

- NATO have brought more jet near the Russians border and it's probably why they want to fly near our countries.

- A majority of Russians want better and bigger relations with the West.

- Putin is becoming a dictator, placing under arrest all opposition to his government.

- Putin is not an idiot. He calculates and he took over Crimea because he knew that a majority of NATO countries would not lift a finger.

Russian aircraft flies over Canadian warship

Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian military plane as it flies over Baltic Sea

russia-graphic1.jpg

Edited by Cannon 1st MRB

We've also had several airplanes flying in on our Swedish airspace without permission the last two years, and we also had an unknown submarine near Stockholm last month.

"In the very early hours of Wednesday 29 October, NATO radars detected and tracked eight Russian aircraft flying in formation over the North Sea in international airspace. Royal Norwegian Air Force F-16 aircraft, presumably from Bodø airbase, scrambled, intercepted and identified the Russian aircraft, which included four Tu-95 Bear H strategic bombers and four Il-78 air-to-air tankers. Two Tu-95 Bear H bombers eventually continued south-west, heading down the Norwegian coast. The Russian aircraft continued over the North Sea, by which time Typhoon fighters from the United Kingdom scrambled in response."

http://airheadsfly.com/2014/10/29/nato-sig...rs-over-europe/

"Two Russian Sukhoi Su-24 jet bombers invaded Swedish airspace south of the island of Öland in the Baltic Sea on September 17."

http://airheadsfly.com/2014/09/18/swedes-s...ombers-invaded/

"Sweden has proof that a small foreign submarine was operating illegally in its waters last month, its top military officer said on Friday after a mysterious episode that triggered the country's biggest military mobilization since the Cold War."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/14/...N0IY0U720141114

We're probably just paranoid. No WW3 but something else might happen soon.

Edited by Guest

We've also had several airplanes flying in on our Swedish airspace without permission the last two years, and we also had an unknown submarine near Stockholm last month.

"In the very early hours of Wednesday 29 October, NATO radars detected and tracked eight Russian aircraft flying in formation over the North Sea in international airspace. Royal Norwegian Air Force F-16 aircraft, presumably from Bodø airbase, scrambled, intercepted and identified the Russian aircraft, which included four Tu-95 Bear H strategic bombers and four Il-78 air-to-air tankers. Two Tu-95 Bear H bombers eventually continued south-west, heading down the Norwegian coast. The Russian aircraft continued over the North Sea, by which time Typhoon fighters from the United Kingdom scrambled in response."

http://airheadsfly.com/2014/10/29/nato-sig...rs-over-europe/

"Two Russian Sukhoi Su-24 jet bombers invaded Swedish airspace south of the island of Öland in the Baltic Sea on September 17."

http://airheadsfly.com/2014/09/18/swedes-s...ombers-invaded/

"Sweden has proof that a small foreign submarine was operating illegally in its waters last month, its top military officer said on Friday after a mysterious episode that triggered the country's biggest military mobilization since the Cold War."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/14/...N0IY0U720141114

We're probably just paranoid. No WW3 but something else might happen soon.

True that, funny that the russians blame the dutch for the last incident.

• 3 weeks later...

Putin's no fool, there is no profit in a world war, even if he does want to restore Russian to its Soviet Union status in terms of territory. He's got several terrorist groups already within Russian to deal with, a populace which isn't even completely united with him, and no real allies to help him. He's just acting the inscrutable leader, keep everyone on their toes, but don't actually do anything, except him actually has the power to do it well, not like Kim Jung Un in NK.

• 3 weeks later...

russia-wants-war-us-bases-sarcastic-map.

Some things the Russian People are worryed about:

1. They get more and more surrounded by NATO/US Bases (see Picture above)

2. Ukraine and Georgia trying to become NATO Members Source1Source2

3. Buildup of a US Missile Defense System in the EU that maybe would shift the Balance of Power so that a Nuclear War might look winable Source

4. Russia suspended the "Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe" because of that Missile System Source

5. After the collapse of the Soviet Union they ended their long range Bomber Patrols, but as the rest kept doing it they resumed in 2007 Source

6. The US is also doing flights in International Air Space, why shouldnt Russia (or any other country) have the same right?

7. They get openly attacked in the media without evidence, MH17 for example. before anything was researched:

10553645_690816481003340_841181539450400

(German Media Cover "Stop Putin now")

While russia did a

showing their evidence with radar pictures and everything... Nato did not show any real Proof.

A few days ago we had a discussion on Vent regarding wheter or not shooting someone on your Property for stealing stuff was ok. And most americans stated, "Well you never know what they planed to do, why take the risk." So imagine it the other ways around. How would you feel with russia Bases in Cuba, Canada and Mexico with all these Countrys trying to build a new PACT. Wouldnt you feel threatend?

Also calling a nuclear Power a "Regional Power" might have cracked their ego ^^ Source

As far i am seeing it our Politicans want a war or are too stupid to see that the way they are travelling will result in a war. It seems they forgot History...

As a german the war against a nuclear Russia will most likly be something like this

Sorry for the long Post ^^

Have a potato

Potato.jpeg

A few days ago we had a discussion on Vent regarding wheter or not shooting someone on your Property for stealing stuff was ok. And most americans stated, "Well you never know what they planed to do, why take the risk."

as one of the americans in that discussion, I must say again what I said then its all what you grow up around. if you look at the older generations that have seen war they aren't freaking out as much cause they've seen real war, they know the actions that lead to it. (Not saying IF or EF aren't real wars)

but the thing is now you can't be sure what's propaganda and what's just civilians blowing out of proportion. I have to agree that the chances of Russia starting a war are slim, unless instigated to that point, we're more likely to go back to Iraq or fight North Korea before we fight the Russians,

To respond to a earlier point as well on the NATO joining to defend or attack, the U.S has done that for our current conflicts in the middle east when we were hit on sept. 11 but again NATO is a lot of talk with no real willpower behind it because no one nation wants to foot the bill for starting a war over something.

the way I see it as we wont go to war with Russia unless: A, a asset that is deemed "needed" by our government is withheld from us. B, they do something that our public has an outrage about(attacking another nation.) or C, a Direct attack on America.

I think this whole situation is just like the situation we had with north Korea not to long ago. The ball is in Russias court right now. How this situation continues will be based on Russias actions the united states won't fire the first shot. At least I don't think we will..

• 2 weeks later...

Its the Cold War, I don't think the Americans, and their old partners in it(Like some of our politicians here in Canada), ever fully grew out of it despite the fall of the Soviet Union. They either don't trust Russia (Putin being ex-KGB under Soviet Russia and his territorial gains to restore Russia to its former status don't assuage their fears), or they see greater value in maintaining that atmosphere of fear which the Cold War generated.

Think about it, several years ago CNN and the major news agencies bounced back and forth between North Korea and Iran playing up fears that the latter was developing nukes, and that the former was testing them in preparation for a war. It wasn't like they kept track of both at the same time either, it was like as soon as one situation appeared defused, the other would flare up again. Nothing came of either situation in regards to ACTUAL conflict, but the fear was attempted to be generated nonetheless.

I wouldn't put it past the US to be partially orchestrating some of this hysteria for their own purposes themselves, they did it internally with COINTELPRO in the 60s, the whole Gulf of Tonkin fiasco, and with the CIA supplying South American revolutionaries behind the backs of most of Congress with the whole Contra Scandal.

Does that mean Russia is blameless? No, Putin is feeding off of that suspicion, whether its real or not. Just listen to his rhetoric about "The West" when he speaks, he's playing the Russian public just as the Americans play their own public.

The politicians have their own views of what is best for their nations and their people, views which don't exactly align with all of the public's, and many may feel compelled to reach those goals by whatever means necessary, even if it means spreading misinformation and playing off the ignorant fears, opinions, and prejudices of the masses. Nothing formally malicious about it, that's simply realpolitik, blame Bismarck.

The thing with Putin is that he is slowly going insane and idiotic in his decisions. His ex soviet and KGB mentality are really bringing the country down. The ruble or Russian currency has dropped over 60%, and the whole country is getting poorer and poorer. He's isolating the country from everyone and still thinks he can find a war vs Ukraine and take territories without any economic or political backlash. If there would be conflict between major super powers, the best thing would be to wait because the Russian economy under Putlers control is coming down quick. Plus, let's hope he's sane enough not do start such major conflicts and propose a nuclear threat.