US Ambassader attack with knife in North Korea

K. Reyes

copied and pasted an article on the NBC new website

The U.S. ambassador to South Korea, Mark Lippert, was slashed in the face and arm by a knife-wielding man Thursday morning local time (late evening Wednesday ET) in Seoul, officials said.

The envoy was on his way to attend a morning lecture in central Seoul when the attack took place, according to the Yonhap news agency, which published a picture of Lippert bleeding.

Lippert suffered a four-inch-long, one-inch-deep gash down the right side of his face and another cut on his arm, a hospital official said. Lippert underwent a successful three-hour surgery Thursday morning and was in stable condition," Yonsei Severance Hospital chief Chung Nam-sik told reporters.

"Some paralysis of his face and left arm senses are expected and the ambassador is needed to be hospitalized at least three to four days," Chung said.

The attacker, identified as Kim Ki-jong, a 55-year-old man with anti-war views, allegedly came at Lippert from behind and slashed him before being tackled by others who were also on the way to the lecture, police said.

I dont understand why our country is bothering to help other countrys when they obviously dont want nor deserve it. Also Americans are put to death in one country(i think Iraq) just for being Americans >:( What i think is we should just let the other countrys fend for themselves and if they ask for help send them a middle finger. Also citizens that want to leave the country despite whats been happening on the news should have there citizenship papers

burned and be givin a hiking backpack with all the traveling supplies needed.

copied and pasted an article on the NBC new website

The U.S. ambassador to South Korea, Mark Lippert, was slashed in the face and arm by a knife-wielding man Thursday morning local time (late evening Wednesday ET) in Seoul, officials said.

The envoy was on his way to attend a morning lecture in central Seoul when the attack took place, according to the Yonhap news agency, which published a picture of Lippert bleeding.

Lippert suffered a four-inch-long, one-inch-deep gash down the right side of his face and another cut on his arm, a hospital official said. Lippert underwent a successful three-hour surgery Thursday morning and was in stable condition," Yonsei Severance Hospital chief Chung Nam-sik told reporters.

"Some paralysis of his face and left arm senses are expected and the ambassador is needed to be hospitalized at least three to four days," Chung said.

The attacker, identified as Kim Ki-jong, a 55-year-old man with anti-war views, allegedly came at Lippert from behind and slashed him before being tackled by others who were also on the way to the lecture, police said.

I dont understand why our country is bothering to help other countrys when they obviously dont want nor deserve it. Also Americans are put to death in one country(i think Iraq) just for being Americans >:( What i think is we should just let the other countrys fend for themselves and if they ask for help send them a middle finger. Also citizens that want to leave the country despite whats been happening on the news should have there citizenship papers

burned and be givin a hiking backpack with all the traveling supplies needed.

My only response to this is the same response you get from people who are treated differently in the United states due to choice of religions, skin color, or who they love. The actions of one do not represent the opinions of many. To go to the point of where only one man dictates whether an entire countries opinion is the shared is a little extreme. I will say this if voted by the local government to no longer receive aid by all means we should not be in the country.

Edited by Kirk 1st MRB

If one man lashes out that doesn't mean that the rest of the state/people don't want their presence. You will always get that one asshole. We should help other countries and continue to do so, but one man isn't going to stop that. Now if you get a whole country opposing intervention, yeah that makes sense.

I spent 2 tours in Korea with the Army. The first one, the country was still under Martial Law. The older generation still remembers the Korean war. The younger generation are a bunch of idiots. The college students especially. They believe the garbage the North Koreans spout. They think everything will be fine and the North and South will re-unite. Only problem is, it will be under the thumb of the North. They will learn to late its not going to be like they were promised.

I spent 2 tours in Korea with the Army. The first one, the country was still under Martial Law. The older generation still remembers the Korean war. The younger generation are a bunch of idiots. The college students especially. They believe the garbage the North Koreans spout. They think everything will be fine and the North and South will re-unite. Only problem is, it will be under the thumb of the North. They will learn to late its not going to be like they were promised.