Resolved - Disconnect: An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers.. D

C. Norris

Question

Name: C. Norris

Type of issue: (Software, Hardware, Steam, Not sure)

Brief Description of Issue: this keeps happening alot, 1st thought was due tpo my cfg was read only.. un did that and its doing it again.. any one else having this issue or know WTH is going on?

***Medical Supply Staff ONLY Below this line***

Current Status: Resolved

Researching

Pending Reply

Resolved

Unresolved

Main Technician: J. Hill

Supporting Technician: J. Candy

Edited by J. Hill 1st MRB

Need more info Norris. What operating system are you using? Is this happening only in DOD? Do you play other games on Steam and are they working or are you having the same problem with them? ASlso would like to know what you are using for an anti virus, just in case its a firewall problem that is causing it.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1

Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name NEWTOY

System Manufacturer MSI

System Model Z1-7641

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Processor AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.18B3, 3/13/2014

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.17196"

User Name newtoy\NEWTOY\charles

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 16.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 13.58 GB

Total Virtual Memory 14.1 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.31 GB

Page File Space 2.07 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

and yes only on dod, i dont have any other valve games

avast total security is my av and firewall but i went in and found where set to exclude steam, maybe i need to find it for dods? too? hell if i know

Name AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6610&SUBSYS_72501682&REV_00\4&1C74041D&0&0010

Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6610), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible

Adapter Description AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes

Installed Drivers aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,a

tidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm6

4.dll

Driver Version 14.301.1001.0

Edited by Norris 1st MRB

I need to get with you on vent and go through your firewall program rules and procedures. make sure it is set up right. Will be on vent at 7pm tonight if you can get on. Will try and get this straight.

Try closing and signing out of Steam and moving your cfg file to a different location (Like your desktop) so that it loads a default cfg file when it loads next. Also check to see if you have anything inside your depotcache (Usually location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\depotcache) If there's anything inside it, delete it. Then relaunch Steam and verify the integrity of Day of Defeat: Source.

what i did was add to the games cfg file, since i never could get the autoexec file to work. but yea trying that too.

Here is a fix that Beuting found, maybe it will help:

1. End Steam

2. cmd.exe (Start menu, search for "execute" and enter there cmd.exe)

3. In the window that opens enter: bcdedit.exe / deletevalue nx

4. Restart computer and check, if the problem is still there.

5. If it shouldn't work, restart your computer again, but do not open Steam.

6. Go back to Start menu, search for "execute" (but this time don't type cmd.exe)

7. Type "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ bin \ SteamService.exe" / repair (you have to customize it, depending on the path where you have saved Steam)

and this is from Britton:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=2117-ILZV-2837

Edited by Candy 1st MRB

using any custom content for DoD:S or any other valve related games ? Im sure theres modders in the world that have thought of ways people can use there so called cheat mods without getting caught by an anti cheat program.

Here is a fix that Beuting found, maybe it will help:

1. End Steam

2. cmd.exe (Start menu, search for "execute" and enter there cmd.exe)

3. In the window that opens enter: bcdedit.exe / deletevalue nx

4. Restart computer and check, if the problem is still there.

5. If it shouldn't work, restart your computer again, but do not open Steam.

6. Go back to Start menu, search for "execute" (but this time don't type cmd.exe)

7. Type "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ bin \ SteamService.exe" / repair (you have to customize it, depending on the path where you have saved Steam)

and this is from Britton:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=2117-ILZV-2837

He tried this. Its one of the things I was going to do with him on vent though. He is using Windows 8.1 so he has to hit the Windows key and x key to get the command prompt and chose run as Administrator. We will try that way.

oook, so i did these for rule exceptions and add'd the hl2.exe and some how windows firewall was on as well, so far.. (cross's all fingers) its seem's stable, so heres a screen of what my rules loko like, case any one else with avast security can see what i did. all the acess was set for work/home/low risk.

post-5628-1427682206_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norris 1st MRB

and.. it still not fixed..

Disconnect: An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system.

You cannot play on secure servers..

Disconnect: An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system.

You cannot play on secure servers..

Yes but I'd recommend you try disabling the firewall completely to rule it in or out of the issue. You could be tweaking firewall rules for ages until without establishing that the firewall really is at fault.

alrighty then, ok.. heres what i been trying and in sequence, and yes after 3+ hrs of pub id say its fixedf, the firewall? not the issue, diabaled ALL controlss and that seemed to work but it didnt, i did set hl2.exe ect rights to the firwall, and that still dindt work, the steam repair thing? dunno the msg went so fast i couldnt read if it did jack, but .. after the other C: commands it seems fine, anbd the last one i did (again i did these 1 at a time) was the kernnel one, and it seems fine now, so im guessing its vac having issues with looking for hook/cheats WTF ever lol and conflicting with the vac, again is a thoery but its what my logical mind turns to understand, either case, hope this helps any one else with the same issue, i know i got msg'd by a few others having the same issue. so atm.. its GO TIME!!!

np, i wanted this resolved asap but i ended up doing things in stages to try to figure out if it was vac, steam, or wth, i still think its the vac in the long run on how its coded, hopefully valve will make a fix for it so this wont be an issue for any one in the future.