Army Career

So today I finally swore into the U.S Army. As many of you know I have not been around much lately and thats cause I have been doing the enlistment process and work has also kept me busy, but today I am proud to finally say I am one step closer to being an american soldier!

I ship to basic training on August 17

I am going to fort benning for basic then I go to OSUT then I got to airborne school.

I am enlisting as a 19D (Cavalry Scout). I am honored to be in such a small group of prestigious warriors and hopefully ill make a great cav scout!

vj4K1a3.jpg

Okay so today really irritated me. Yesterday they called my parents and told them I was receiving an award for joining the army. I didn't want to go or accept the award cause I didn't feel that what I did was really worthy of an award. I mean I've always felt it was our duty as Americans to contribute in some way to our country. So I told my parents not to show up and then I showed up late to school but they still called my teacher and forced me out of class. I just ditched and went somewhere else. When I got back to class they called my teacher and my parents saying that I wasn't there at the ceremony. So I was forced to go. I show up and they have me and like 5 other people who enlisted wjth the army sitting at a table in front of all these people. I just thought to myself omg this is a little ridiculous. so I go take my seat and then the principal starts talking about how we're excellent role models for the school and all this other stuff. I felt like just throwing up at the table so I could get the hell out of there. Then fter it was over they had us go up and accept afake check that represents how much money the army was giving for college. So I just went up there and took it and finally they wanted us to stay for cake and stuff and people were coming up to me and "thanking me for my service" it's like what I haven't even made it through basic?? I don't consider myself a soldier and I won't till I earn it when I complete basic. I couldn't take it anymore and as soon as I got the chance I snuck out and left. It just didn't feel right I mean like I said it's my duty to contribute back to my country and I haven't ever serves a day in my life. All I've done was just swear in to say that I will ship out on the day that is listed on my contract. I just needed to vent any active duty or prior service members care to share their opinion??

The School just wanted to recognize you for your Patriotism, which is unusual. Must not be a Liberal School. Never see that up here where I live. Take it with a smile and a grain of salt. You made the commitment to serve so let them show how much they appreciate it. Grin and bear it bud. Your community seems like the patriotic type, which is good. Let them have their chance to say thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So a quick update on where I've been! Today I graduate from high school! There ceremony starts in a few hours and I'm pretty excited!!! I've also had to attend the Army's future soldier training program we do a lot of pt and I'm in pretty good shape but I'm not going to lie the ruck marches kick my ass! Yesterday we trained with the marines and it was great!! They're pretty hardcore! We ran in formation and at first I had trouble, the fact that you need to run and keep aligned with the guy on your right! Then they started singing cadences and it motivated the hell out of me. Some of them were pretty fun and I was able to find one on youtube!

oh how I love running cadence, also trust me, get used to getting yelled at about cover and alignment if you join the corps, and I mean screamed at... ^_^ also you'll learn to not anticipate the commands very painfully.... left right left... . . . ri.... gh...t... left right left... so far whats your favorite cadence?

oh how I love running cadence, also trust me, get used to getting yelled at about cover and alignment if you join the corps, and I mean screamed at... ^_^ also you'll learn to not anticipate the commands very painfully.... left right left... . . . ri.... gh...t... left right left... so far whats your favorite cadence?

Well since I got airborne in contract I train with some airborne guys and they sing this one called c130 rolling down the strip, that one really motivates me.

• 2 months later...

So just an update. Sadly my ship date was pushed back to sept 28th because of a problem i had with my contract. Im still going to be a cav scout and im still going to airborne school so im still very excited! Until then Ill just keep training so I can be in my best shape, Im going to try for ranger school when I get to my unit since I meet all the requirements!

z7Q36UV.jpg

Edited by J. Ascencio 1st MRB